Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby mel ott » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Are you people crazy? You are in the Big East and play some of the top teams in the country EVERY year now at home. We used to be in hog heaven when we got one top conference team to visit in a year - then we would prepare for ind st, drake, Evansville, etc!! Give up your tickets - others would love to take your place. These have been the best years to be a Jays fan EVER.
mel ott

Postby drbluejay » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Creighton tickets are not expensive at all.
Tickets in the upper deck are about $12 per game for season ticket holders and 1st level seats are a fraction the costs of most concert tickets or any other event at the Clink.
Even with a non conference home slate that isn't so good, just seeing the top half of the Big East is well worth the price of a season ticket. After being a season ticket holder starting in the mid 70's I have to say, I am very happy watching Big East games over MVC games and before that when Creighton was an independent with no conference at all.
KC is a short drive down I-29 so let's all support the Jays on this neutral site Tournament and watch 4 very good games of Basketball.
drbluejay

Postby drbluejay » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 pm

BluffsBluejayGal wrote:Have been considering dropping our season tickets the last two years. This just confirms it. Way too much to pay for what you get half the home schedule.

I assume you are kidding about the price of tickets since they are the best bargain around.
drbluejay

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:15 pm

mel ott wrote:Are you people crazy? You are in the Big East and play some of the top teams in the country EVERY year now at home. We used to be in hog heaven when we got one top conference team to visit in a year - then we would prepare for ind st, drake, Evansville, etc!! Give up your tickets - others would love to take your place. These have been the best years to be a Jays fan EVER.

^^^^^ Amen brother.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:26 pm

There was a time that many of us would have committed unspeakable acts to get an 18 game slate like this. And yet, here we are, with some of the regulars grumbling. Kinda reminds me when half the board went all Lord of the Flies and was ready to kill off Mac the year we had the audacity to go 4-14 in conference.

I guess short memories are human nature but it still surprises me how myopic it can get - otherwise decent posters saying silly stuff. The school did a terrific job with strategic scheduling for tourney seeding, which to me is far more important than whether or not we get some P5 team to show up here.

The school did it right - seed maximization first, our selfish wants second.
HandDownManDown

Postby BluejayMark » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:12 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:There was a time that many of us would have committed unspeakable acts to get an 18 game slate like this. And yet, here we are, with some of the regulars grumbling. Kinda reminds me when half the board went all Lord of the Flies and was ready to kill off Mac the year we had the audacity to go 4-14 in conference.

I guess short memories are human nature but it still surprises me how myopic it can get - otherwise decent posters saying silly stuff. The school did a terrific job with strategic scheduling for tourney seeding, which to me is far more important than whether or not we get some P5 team to show up here.

The school did it right - seed maximization first, our selfish wants second.

Well said
BluejayMark

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:13 pm

And if you think tickets are expensive now, just wait until we start paying for the Mac and Murphy pay raises.
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby TrueBlueJay » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:17 am

Spin it any way you want, it still comes out to a crappy non-conference home schedule. Name one game you will be even halfway juiced-up for (please don't say UNL). I've said the schedule as a whole is excellent. The non-con schedule at home sucks.
TrueBlueJay

Postby JayPak » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:32 am

McKinney's Neighbor wrote:And if you think tickets are expensive now, just wait until we start paying for the Mac and Murphy pay raises.

Murphy deserves it.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Realhoops » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:52 am

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/med ... uality-win

This wasn't announced prior to scheduled this year - but it's relevant to assessing the overall schedule and its quality.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops