Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:18 pm

Screw the big ten.

Lock down the big 12 challenge into the future and start talking to the ACC. I think there would be great fan interest in renewing some of those former Big East games that used to happen. And how great would it be to have Duke, UNC, UVA at the CHI?

Earn your money Val and make that happen.
cujaysfan

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:13 pm

cujaysfan wrote:Screw the big ten.

Lock down the big 12 challenge into the future and start talking to the ACC. I think there would be great fan interest in renewing some of those former Big East games that used to happen. And how great would it be to have Duke, UNC, UVA at the CHI?

That would be amazing. But really unlikely. When has CU gotten a really marquee Big Ten opponent in Omaha? The "top" teams in the Big Ten have never been sent to Omaha as part of the Gavitt games, and it's hard to imagine it would be different if we were in a challenge with the ACC. We'd get teams like Va. Tech likely.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Jaybird » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:01 pm

Creighton released its "promotional" schedule today. Promotions, my ass. Promotions means giveaways (it should, anyway) and there's not a single freebie in sight. No backpacks, ponchos, bobbleheads, not even a complimentary mousepad. They better not let me down on Senior Night. I'm a senior and I expect some cool free stuff. AARP subscriptions, Metamucil. A chance to win a motorized scooter maybe.

And what exactly is a "stripe out"? (UConn, Tuesday, February 20). Are we supposed to dress like referees? I guess that way, we could boo each other.
Jaybird

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:51 pm

Jaybird wrote:Creighton released its "promotional" schedule today. Promotions, my ass. Promotions means giveaways (it should, anyway) and there's not a single freebie in sight. No backpacks, ponchos, bobbleheads, not even a complimentary mousepad. They better not let me down on Senior Night. I'm a senior and I expect some cool free stuff. AARP subscriptions, Metamucil. A chance to win a motorized scooter maybe.

And what exactly is a "stripe out"? (UConn, Tuesday, February 20). Are we supposed to dress like referees? I guess that way, we could boo each other.

Abide night is always a "freebie" night -- they always give out Abide shirts. The blue out / white out / pink out usually involve shirt giveaways, too. And the Fan Appreciation night might as well be a freebie night with $1 beverages.

They have done the "stripe out" or "checkerboard" thing the last few years. It never works. They try to get each section to alternate blue / white -- but they don't do much of anything to tell people ahead of time, most lower bowl ticket holders don't pay any attention to it, etc. It would only work if they were putting shirts on chairs or something.

Powder Blue Out sounds pretty cool. Hopefully they ARE handing out shirts for that.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:16 am

Outlaw_Wales wrote:

That would be amazing. But really unlikely. When has CU gotten a really marquee Big Ten opponent in Omaha? The "top" teams in the Big Ten have never been sent to Omaha as part of the Gavitt games, and it's hard to imagine it would be different if we were in a challenge with the ACC. We'd get teams like Va. Tech likely.

Didn’t we play and beat a pretty salty Wisconsin team in Omaha?
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Dough Boy » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:53 am

AttyAlum wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fb5F_NmFi8
Dough Boy

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:35 am

AttyAlum wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:

We also got Ohio State in Omaha - which is a solid matchup.

Plus going to Michigan.
cujaysfan

Postby REALITY » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:59 pm

We have gotten marquee home games from the Gavitt Games, it's just been so long since it happened that it doesn't feel like it.

That 2016-17 Wisconsin team was billed as being top 10 when we played them. Definitely what we hoped the Gavitt Games would do for us.
The 2018-19 Oho State team was pegged as being an NIT / borderline bubble team IIRC and was expected to be 8-10th in the Big Ten. We were rebuilding so it wasn't a bad home game.

Us playing Iowa this year is terrible, though. They'll probably be 8 to 10th in the Big Ten. Horrible matchup that shouldn't have been slated.

The big problem has been that those were the only home games, we've played 4 times on the road for the Gavitt Games. Three of those games were good @ Indiana, @ Michigan, and @ Northwestern. Having us play @ Nebraska two years ago was also sucky. We should never waste a Gavitt Game on them, especially since we play them every year. (Yes, I know we wanted it that way, but I'd rather we had just sat it out instead)
REALITY

Postby skinzfan23 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:09 am

I agree that Iowa is a bad draw because not much is expected of them this year, but every year, they do always have a few upset wins every year. Plus, this is a great matchup for fans. Much rather play Iowa than Northwestern.
skinzfan23

Postby SeattleJay » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:00 am

Can anyone please suggest how to buy tickets to the UNLV game without paying the secondary market? It just feels like Ticketmaster and their ilk double the price while only adding nominal value. Thanks.
SeattleJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops