Future Schedules

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Future Schedules

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 pm

We are overthinking this.

We have a few top teams, the Skers, a few better mid-majors, and some cannon fodder, just like we do every year. And the previous post is right, the non-con SOS is likely better, and possibly much better.

We aren't backsliding in media coverage due to this schedule because we have established ourselves as a high major brand, and if we wind up drawing significantly less then shame on the fans.

The only thing sucky is the lack of a marquee home game, otherwise it's fine; if we were starting the Zaga series here no one would be whining.

I can deal with it.
HandDownManDown

Postby Bluejoe » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Unless season ticket renewals are horribly low, or we host a couple of NIT games, we shouldn't drop out of top 10 in attendance. Our season ticket holder base plus student section nearly puts us in the top 10 alone.

We will be hosting UNL, Yale, and UT Arlington. All solid games. Plus we have 9 pretty good conference games that will draw well. I have no issues with the schedule. Got caught with tougher games on the road/neutral this year.
Bluejoe

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Not one person has complained about the schedule taken in its entirety. What we have an issue with is shelling out a lot of fucking money for a really bad home out of conference schedule.
TrueBlueJay

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:02 pm

There are probably 30 teams that would cause anyone to take notice. We aren't in a place to get one of them every year. Next year, we could wind up with a Gavitt home game and Zaga and make up for it with two nice games instead of one.

Either pay for your tickets or don't. Me, I'll be paying for my six just like I have every year.
HandDownManDown

Postby Jet915 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:12 pm

Our noncon will come down to 4 games (Northwestern, CBE games, Gonzaga). Win 2 of 4 and we'll be in good shape. If not, we'll have to finish in upper half of Big East to get in.
Jet915

Postby drbluejay » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:51 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:Not one person has complained about the schedule taken in its entirety. What we have an issue with is shelling out a lot of fucking money for a really bad home out of conference schedule.

I hear ya and I agree, it is only the home schedule that sucks. I like the overall schedule and I'm going to KC for the HOF Classic.
drbluejay

Postby section202jay » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:36 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:What we have an issue with is shelling out a lot of fucking money for a really bad home out of conference schedule.

This is where I am. Too much money for what you get in non-conference. As a whole, the schedule is fine for the team. I was speaking more as a season ticket holder.

I'm not asking to get Kansas or Duke. I just don't want Maryland Eastern Shore. Cal, ASU were what I like to see. Or hell, get South Dakota State, UNO or at least something with interest.

I know it comes off as picky, especially considering the Big East guaranteed home slate with the round-robin.

Looking forward to the season.
section202jay

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:59 pm

north dakota might be a tougher ticket - those folks travel and support their teams - the DU hockey vs UND is a TOUGH ticket here.

their coach brian jones is a former UNI player - and good guy.
cujaysfan

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:14 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:Not one person has complained about the schedule taken in its entirety. What we have an issue with is shelling out a lot of fucking money for a really bad home out of conference schedule.

You're always the "lighten the eff up" guy towards anyone that criticizes on this board, so this is a funny reversal of roles.

As a whole, I think our schedule is going to be great. Great conference tilts, amazing non-con away from home. The home slate sucks - deal with it. It's one component of what will amount to (I think) a very good schedule.
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby BluffsBluejayGal » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Have been considering dropping our season tickets the last two years. This just confirms it. Way too much to pay for what you get half the home schedule.
BluffsBluejayGal

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops