2024 Offseason

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

2024 Offseason

Postby bleedblue » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:44 pm

Off week has me thinking about what to expect this offseason and next year. Rumors that Kalk and Ashworth will return while Trey is likely gone. I would expect Green, Mason and Traudt all back. Would assume Dotzler is as well. If kalk returns I would guess Fred transfers and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lawson leave unless he makes a run at the open 2 spot. The red shirt freshmen Knox and Vice seem to be unknowns.

2024 potential lineup
1. Splashworth, Dotzler and Davis
2. Transfer(?) Knox
3. Mason, Johnson
4. Green, McAndrew
5. Kalk, Traudt

That's 11 spots with the possibility of trying to grab a couple more transfers. With the 4 position being so loaded I would think we continue to transition Isaac to the 5 and Mason would move to the 3. Trying to enjoy the ride this season but looking ahead to next year is exciting as well.
bleedblue

Re: 2024 Offseason

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:52 pm

I’d be suprised if Know and vice are back tbh. No info just a feel
BenningtonBluejay

Postby HandDownManDown » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:57 pm

How can you have a ‘feel’ without a shred of info?
HandDownManDown

Postby T-bone » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:08 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:How can you have a ‘feel’ without a shred of info?

PT and previous is some info. I assume he means current info outside of PT.
T-bone

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:09 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:How can you have a ‘feel’ without a shred of info?

I just get the Marlon Stewart, Jalen Windham feel about these guys. One guy I talk to at work who is way more plugged in than me said he would be suprised to see them back as well. I didn’t ask if that was his feelings or he has info. Just my 2 cents
BenningtonBluejay

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:11 pm

I also like LJ as a recruit and his tape much more than Knox and they are similar positions, if you project LJ to the three then I’d figure they go to the portal for a 2 since we all expect Trey to be gone. Vice is probably a 5 not a 4, if he was a 4 he’s not playing over Jason, Miller, or Mcandrew. If he’s a 5 he’s not playing over King or Traudt. It also wouldn’t be crazy to see them bring in a transfer 5.
BenningtonBluejay

Postby Altmanforprez » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:21 pm

I don’t know that I agree because those guys came in with no expectation of playing this season. King is the most likely transfer IMO, even if Kalk doesn’t come back he may be “asked” to leave and we’ll hit the portal for a 5. I just can’t see him being “the guy” with Mac’s expectations of making the smart play.

Knox and Vice are at best role players next season barring major jumps, and they likely know that too. If they want to play sooner they can transfer down, but I have no idea what their basketball goals are for next season. I just don’t think they are going to leave based on anything related to how this year has gone for them.
Altmanforprez

Postby SeattleJay » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:31 pm

bleedblue wrote:Off week has me thinking about what to expect this offseason and next year. Rumors that Kalk and Ashworth will return while Trey is likely gone. I would expect Green, Mason and Traudt all back. Would assume Dotzler is as well. If kalk returns I would guess Fred transfers and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lawson leave unless he makes a run at the open 2 spot. The red shirt freshmen Knox and Vice seem to be unknowns.

2024 potential lineup
1. Splashworth, Dotzler and Davis
2. Transfer(?) Knox
3. Mason, Johnson
4. Green, McAndrew
5. Kalk, Traudt

That's 11 spots with the possibility of trying to grab a couple more transfers. With the 4 position being so loaded I would think we continue to transition Isaac to the 5 and Mason would move to the 3. Trying to enjoy the ride this season but looking ahead to next year is exciting as well.

Larry Johnson is listed as a 6’4” shooting guard. His highlight films are awesome. I wouldn’t assume that he is going to play the 3.
SeattleJay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:37 pm

BenningtonBluejay wrote:I also like LJ as a recruit and his tape much more than Knox and they are similar positions, if you project LJ to the three then I’d figure they go to the portal for a 2 since we all expect Trey to be gone. Vice is probably a 5 not a 4, if he was a 4 he’s not playing over Jason, Miller, or Mcandrew. If he’s a 5 he’s not playing over King or Traudt. It also wouldn’t be crazy to see them bring in a transfer 5.

I see LJ as a 2 as we sometimes go small and will play a smaller guy out at the 3, but typically we've been rolling with a bigger guy who matches up with the size we see in the BE. LJ's 6-4 and is a good ballhandler so I am guessing he's more of a 2

FWIW, I also see Davis is a Combo guard (1 and 2) who may end up PG in the future, but I think Ashworth, Dotzler, and Davis can all play side by side at times, and even LJ has a good handle and can pass

No idea about the Redshirts and where they are, but both have some skills and ability, and Vice has a nice outside shot, so I can see different variations of the big guys playing in combo and I heard some good things about Knox also (and some good things about Thomas also)

I am usually an optimist regarding our players, so I still think King has a lot of potential for us and Lawson also. I like Lawson's game and think he needs a year of S&C this offseason, but can see him taking a big jump with a year in the system

Obviously, if Kalkbrenner and Ashworth are back it helps out the younger guys a lot
Chicagojayfan

Postby Alphawalt » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:16 am

My prediction is McAndrew will start as a freshman and Johnson has a good chance to be a starter. McAndrew is a true stud and is one of the highest ranked players we have ever signed as a high school recruit. Johnson looks really good on clips and if his athletic ability translates to BE, he would be tough not to start. If Ashworth and Kalk return, then the last slot is shared by Miller and Green. Vice and Knox are definitely off the bench players along with Traudt. Dotzler definitely the backup PG. it remains to be seen whether Davis will have much playing time. I personally believe there is very little chance King or Lawson return.
Alphawalt

Next

Return to Men's Hoops