RVB

Re: Doug McDermott

Postby RVB » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:38 pm

CBSSports.com 2013-14 Preseason All-American teams

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... ican-teams
RVB

Postby jay4life » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Nice note on ESPN about Dougie working on footwork, obvious mission to help fill the void inside filled last year by Big E. [urlhttp://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/88793/mcdermott-creighton-must-fill-void-inside][/url]
jay4life

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:52 pm

It seems most of the media has not seen Iron Will at work. Imo the Artino-Groselle tandem will be an able replacement - offering more mobility and scoring (Will) and a bigger rebounder, shot alterer in Geoff. Forces opponents to adjust in-game for each. Plus we also have Hanson and Wragge if needed.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby jay4life » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:47 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:It seems most of the media has not seen Iron Will at work. Imo the Artino-Groselle tandem will be an able replacement - offering more mobility and scoring (Will) and a bigger rebounder, shot alterer in Geoff. Forces opponents to adjust in-game for each. Plus we also have Hanson and Wragge if needed.

Good points, I'm very interested on offense to see how much hi-lo they do with Will and Dougie - as in throwback to Harstead and Gallager.

Will's skill set is ideal, double on Dougie at your peril :D, but cannot stop him on on one. Compliment in threats at the 1-2 spot with Chatman and Brooks( Milliken?) not to mention Jaheens, Gibbs and Avery and it looks like we have a ton of weapons. With better quickness/more athletic on D should match up better on the outside I hope.
jay4life

Postby Jet915 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:49 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:It seems most of the media has not seen Iron Will at work. Imo the Artino-Groselle tandem will be an able replacement - offering more mobility and scoring (Will) and a bigger rebounder, shot alterer in Geoff. Forces opponents to adjust in-game for each. Plus we also have Hanson and Wragge if needed.

Disagree, hoping you are right though but Artino/Groselle is not going to replace GE defensively, not even close. Scoring won't miss a beat though.
Jet915

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Jet915 wrote:

Disagree, hoping you are right though but Artino/Groselle is not going to replace GE defensively, not even close. Scoring won't miss a beat though.

Agree that they can't match him defensively, but our offense will be much more versatile and will flow better. We also don't lose anything on the boards with Artino.

I think Groselle could be pretty good this year as our banger off the bench - Mac and Merfeld have done a whole lot with big men with less talent than him.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:38 pm

This new DraftExpress video is well worth everyone's time (about 17 minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mpuXZq-hQo#t=234
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Jet915 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:43 pm

That draft express video is very well done.
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Nice of DraftExpress to save our opponent coaches some work... :x
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Next

Return to Men's Hoops