Doug McDermott

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Doug McDermott

Postby Eye of the Jay » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Gonna be a lot of fun to watch Doug play in this offense. 21 points in 24 min is pretty good and I see him getting 25-30 every night. Good highlights below: 2:00-4:00 mark and 7:00-8:00 mark have all of Dougs offensive highlights including the dunk.

http://youtu.be/GM6J_J3sMAU
Eye of the Jay

Postby Helmzy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:40 am

Defense is brutal
Helmzy

Postby PhoenixBluejay » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Just watched the Knicks game last night. It is frustrating to watch Doug not touch the ball for long stretches in the game. Unselfish players are penalized. The players who score are often times forcing poor, off balance shots and are playing the statistics. Doug is certainly able to be a great NBA player but needs a Steve Nash type player to deliver his fair touches. That or get more aggressive with poor shot selection like everyone else.
PhoenixBluejay

Postby ictjay » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Doug got touches last night. Defenders get in his grill knowing he can’t create anything with the ball. He can score via backside cuts and spot up/catch and shoot. Doug will see more opportunities once the Knicks get used to each other and run more plays where he can catch and shoot coming off screens ala KK.
ictjay

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:58 pm

Doug had a nice night today, 20 points, 7/8 shooting, 3/3 from 3 in a comeback victory over Charlotte.
Jet915

Postby cu8493 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:09 pm

I Hope Knicks figure out what Bulls and Oklahoma never figured out or didn't want to take the time to game plan for -- Doug is at his best and can be tough to defend even at this level when he is moving without the ball instead of standing him in the corner. He isn't going to be effective squaring up with the ball and trying to take his man off the dribble. But, he could easily score in the upper teens every night if Knicks keep using him that way.
cu8493

Postby ZMagic30 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:30 pm

The Knicks have been a pleasant surprise this year. Porzingis is an absolute monster.
ZMagic30

Postby Eye of the Jay » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:11 am

http://youtu.be/-2i6o1aqlxc

Nice shots down the stretch including 4 point play
Eye of the Jay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:04 am

Eye of the Jay wrote:http://youtu.be/-2i6o1aqlxc

I think Doug may have finally found the right situation for him in the NBA, and it's obvious Hornacek really appreciates what McDermott can do. Defense looked a lot better tonight and this year in general, and with Porzingis on the team he's going to be needed to create space and will get looks.

Outside of the on-fire shooting - On one of the big plays down the stretch in this game, Doug is in the corner when Porzingis drives and Doug's guy isn't able to rotate off to help until it's way too late. They can use Doug to score, but also to put teams into an impossible situation when trying to defend
Chicagojayfan

Postby ictjay » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:50 am

Chicagojayfan wrote:
Eye of the Jay wrote:http://youtu.be/-2i6o1aqlxc

I think Doug may have finally found the right situation for him in the NBA, and it's obvious Hornacek really appreciates what McDermott can do. Defense looked a lot better tonight and this year in general, and with Porzingis on the team he's going to be needed to create space and will get looks.

Outside of the on-fire shooting - On one of the big plays down the stretch in this game, Doug is in the corner when Porzingis drives and Doug's guy isn't able to rotate off to help until it's way too late. They can use Doug to score, but also to put teams into an impossible situation when trying to defend

All good points. Utilize Doug and good things will happen. Have him stand in a corner, your like all the other bad teams. NY looks like a good fit.
ictjay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops