Doug McDermott

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Doug McDermott

Postby slaw » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:03 pm

didn't billy donovan coach DMD at some point in USA basketball?
slaw

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:29 pm

"I took a visit to Creighton. It was my first visit in high school, I was actually about to go to Creighton"
Westbrook today talking about Doug
Creighton 18'
bluejayfan00

Postby GI Jay » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:38 pm

The Bulls got destroyed in this trade. To me this is GarPax destroying the foundation of the team because they are about to get fired. Hoiberg is definitely out at the end of the year. There is a circus going on around this team. It almost feels like DWade came in and just LeBron'd the hell out of this team by having fits bringing Jimmy Butler with him. I've watched a lot of the Bulls this year and I'm glad to see Doug out of there.

He is a much better fit at OKC. That team is actually fun to watch. Not the crap the Bulls trot out there. The pieces that the Bulls got are terrible. Payne is one of the worst guys I've seen regularly play at the NBA level. In the playoffs last year, he was an absolute liability that jacked up shots at the worst times when he spelled Westbrook. He pretty much shot every time he touched it as if he had to prove he belonged in the NBA. Lauvergne is one of the guys that the TNT guys would play 'Who He Play For?'. Honestly, the Bulls got guys who shoot a lot worse than Doug. Morrow is in one of his worst shooting spells, which happens a lot for him.

I'm looking forward to see him in a Thunder jersey. What number he gets to be? I guess we'll find out. 3 belongs to Sabonis, and 11 is Enes Kanter.

EDIT: I see that he is now #25.
GI Jay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:36 pm

GI Jay wrote:The Bulls got destroyed in this trade. To me this is GarPax destroying the foundation of the team because they are about to get fired. Hoiberg is definitely out at the end of the year. There is a circus going on around this team. It almost feels like DWade came in and just LeBron'd the hell out of this team by having fits bringing Jimmy Butler with him. I've watched a lot of the Bulls this year and I'm glad to see Doug out of there.

He is a much better fit at OKC. That team is actually fun to watch. Not the crap the Bulls trot out there. The pieces that the Bulls got are terrible. Payne is one of the worst guys I've seen regularly play at the NBA level. In the playoffs last year, he was an absolute liability that jacked up shots at the worst times when he spelled Westbrook. He pretty much shot every time he touched it as if he had to prove he belonged in the NBA. Lauvergne is one of the guys that the TNT guys would play 'Who He Play For?'. Honestly, the Bulls got guys who shoot a lot worse than Doug. Morrow is in one of his worst shooting spells, which happens a lot for him.

I'm looking forward to see him in a Thunder jersey. What number he gets to be? I guess we'll find out. 3 belongs to Sabonis, and 11 is Enes Kanter.

EDIT: I see that he is now #25.

Bulls are a complete mess. I thought they had some hope earlier in the season, but things degenerated quickly.

This is the best thing that could have happened for his career. Donovan's a good coach and Westbrook will add serious shot opportunities for Doug.

With both Wade and Butler, they were willing passers a good amount of the time, but the pass always arrived 2 seconds too late if it got there. Westbrook will get it there right on the money and right on time for a guy like Doug.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Solid 16 from Doug including 4 threes in the 2nd quarter.
http://youtu.be/lCiKQ22_mLw
Eye of the Jay

Postby Jet915 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:32 am

OKC is +38 when Doug McDermott plays with Russell Westbrook, in 3 games.
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:56 am

McDermott only highlights here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yoVVJNL4J4
Jet915

Postby cu8493 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:15 am

Jet915 wrote:McDermott only highlights here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yoVVJNL4J4

I think you meant McThunderbuckets only highlights
cu8493

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:47 pm

Doug is playing starters minutes for the Thunder. Just played the last 6 minutes of the first quarter and the entirety of the second quarter. Mostly at the SG spot as well
ZMagic30

Postby NUgradCUfan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:26 am

ZMagic30 wrote:Doug is playing starters minutes for the Thunder. Just played the last 6 minutes of the first quarter and the entirety of the second quarter. Mostly at the SG spot as well

Doug getting a lot of minutes in the 3rd as well. Also...Westbrook is not human.
NUgradCUfan

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops