Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Doug McDermott

Postby Helmzy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Traded to NYK...
Helmzy

Postby CUGrads03 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Welp...another jersey to buy. Plus I’ve never been a Knicks fan so that will be new.
Colors True...
CUGrads03

Location: Looking down on Morrison, the Clink and TD Ameritrade

Postby JayPharmAlum » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:12 pm

Went from a very good team to a God-awful one.
JayPharmAlum

Postby oakath » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:20 pm

Go East young man...

This is a good trade for Doug. First he is out of the loaded West. He is reunited with Noah who knows how and where to get Doug the ball. Most importantly, the Knicks do not have a reliable SF. Doug could be the best of their current bunch, but he plays best off the bench. He will be in the final year of his rookie contract so this is an important year if he can get 24+ mpg, 10+ ppg and +40% from 3s. This team will be lucky to win 20 games, but I am guessing Hornacek goes for a fast paced tempo since the roster is now built with offensive and team first players.

Oh and Ron the Baker should know Doug's game pretty well too.
oakath

Postby Eye of the Jay » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:40 pm

Better chance to shine on a bad team. Wasn't going to get any minutes behind PG3
Eye of the Jay

Postby cujaysfan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:43 pm

in less than a year doug goes from my fav nba team - to my least fav team

at least he's back in a BE city so that there is a greater shot at double dipping on a Jays Dougie weekend
cujaysfan

Postby PhoenixBluejay » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:57 pm

My humble opinion is that this is great for Doug. Lets face it, he has played on teams that did not get him the ball. at OK he was not going to get many looks with Westbrook and George on the floor. Now he can become a big part of the Knick offense and hopefully become what we all know he is capable of...
PhoenixBluejay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:56 am

PhoenixBluejay wrote:My humble opinion is that this is great for Doug. Lets face it, he has played on teams that did not get him the ball. at OK he was not going to get many looks with Westbrook and George on the floor. Now he can become a big part of the Knick offense and hopefully become what we all know he is capable of...

There is a lot of good here for Doug. They are going to have a need for players and scorers and aren't expected to be all that good, so he can get plenty of floor time letting him develop.

Hopefully they are creative in how they use him.
Chicagojayfan

Postby Panhandle Jay » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:23 pm

I could not care any less about the NBA. But I suppose playing for a crap team might increase his productivity and stats.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 20
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby BostonBlueJay » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:02 pm

oakath wrote:Go East young man...

This is a good trade for Doug. First he is out of the loaded West. He is reunited with Noah who knows how and where to get Doug the ball. Most importantly, the Knicks do not have a reliable SF. Doug could be the best of their current bunch, but he plays best off the bench. He will be in the final year of his rookie contract so this is an important year if he can get 24+ mpg, 10+ ppg and +40% from 3s. This team will be lucky to win 20 games, but I am guessing Hornacek goes for a fast paced tempo since the roster is now built with offensive and team first players.

Oh and Ron the Baker should know Doug's game pretty well too.

Agreed. Better to get loads of playing time on a bad team when you're in a contract year...
BostonBlueJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops