Creighton Bars

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Creighton Bars

Postby Dangerous » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:27 pm

For those of us who couldn't get tickets to tomorrow's (!!!) game, where's a good bar to watch a Jays home game? Preferably around Midtown/Dundee. Any ideas for places that will be full of CU fans?
Space jam lol be for we played UCF in college I asked MJs son Marcus during warmups if he was actually in space jam sure was still won by20 —@AY30, 9/16/14
Dangerous

Postby Easypaddy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:37 pm

Dangerous wrote:For those of us who couldn't get tickets to tomorrow's (!!!) game, where's a good bar to watch a Jays home game? Preferably around Midtown/Dundee. Any ideas for places that will be full of CU fans?

I'm sure you'll get plenty of worthy suggestions. I'll throw out a couple of my favs...

Tracks
Sullivan's
Alderman's
Pageturner's Lounge
Easypaddy

Postby jays911 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:49 pm

Leavenworth Bar.
Barrett's.
Pauli"s.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby Jaysforlife23 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:59 am

Denver Creighton Alumni, Game Watch Party this Saturday, Jan. 7 at 12pm (mtn) time, game will be at Blake Street Tavern, just walk in and there should be a sign (we will be in the board room). Prizes and giveaways during the game! Go Jays! Beat Friartown!
"You better get a timeout Jay Wright"
-Gus Johnson
Jaysforlife23

Postby jaysker17 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:22 pm

North Shore on 99th and Maple is my go to bar for Jays away games... Dave who owns the North Shore is a huge Jays fan and a great guy
jaysker17

Postby LJay » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Jaysforlife23 wrote:Denver Creighton Alumni, Game Watch Party this Saturday, Jan. 7 at 12pm (mtn) time, game will be at Blake Street Tavern, just walk in and there should be a sign (we will be in the board room). Prizes and giveaways during the game! Go Jays! Beat Friartown!

I think the game is 12PM central, not mountain but i'm not sure.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby drbluejay » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:50 am

Where is a good bar for Creighton fans going to KC for the HOF Classic?
How about casual inexpensive restaurants?
(Within walking distance)
drbluejay

Postby minakirogue » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:11 am

drbluejay wrote:Where is a good bar for Creighton fans going to KC for the HOF Classic?

The KC Alumni bar for the games is No Other Pub. We usually have watch parties at a different bar on the plaza, so no real history for this one to gauge what it will be like. There is a Chipotle in the PL area. You can walk South to the Crossroads and go to Town Topic for a burger. Not sure what you mean by inexpensive, but there are a handful of reasonable places in the PL such as BRGR.
minakirogue

Postby ictjay » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:22 am

Whomever has the best "Happy Hour". McFaddens, Johnnys??
ictjay

Postby Trifecta » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:12 pm

minakirogue wrote:
drbluejay wrote:Where is a good bar for Creighton fans going to KC for the HOF Classic?

The KC Alumni bar for the games is No Other Pub. We usually have watch parties at a different bar on the plaza, so no real history for this one to gauge what it will be like. There is a Chipotle in the PL area. You can walk South to the Crossroads and go to Town Topic for a burger. Not sure what you mean by inexpensive, but there are a handful of reasonable places in the PL such as BRGR.

As a KC resident, I would recommend against Town Topic. I don't think it's that great, and not truly within convenient walking distance. Even with the street car, you are looking about about 15 minutes away. Plus it's on the edge of an area I don't think most people would like to walk around, especially at night.

Stick to stuff around P&L -- much more convenient. No Other Pub is a pretty cool place with decent food. Lot of heavy apps on the menu. Then you have McFadden's, BRGR, YardHouse, Pizza Bar (meh). If you want something on the cheap, Chipotle and Burger King are there :lol: If you want something a little more upscale there is 801 Chophouse, Bristol (seafood), or Cork & Cleaver.
Trifecta

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops