Creighton Bars

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Creighton Bars

Postby jays911 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:53 pm

section202jay wrote:Any places in Chicago to watch this Saturday's game vs. St. Joe's?

I'll be in the windy city for business and should be done by 5pm with enough time to watch the game via Twitter scrolling. Wish I could watch it live.

Mother Hubbards in River North is a great spot.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby section202jay » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:01 pm

jays911 wrote:
section202jay wrote:Any places in Chicago to watch this Saturday's game vs. St. Joe's?

I'll be in the windy city for business and should be done by 5pm with enough time to watch the game via Twitter scrolling. Wish I could watch it live.

That'd be awesome if they aired the game. I can't believe it's only a few blocks from my hotel on Ontario Street.
section202jay

Postby jays911 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:41 pm

section202jay wrote:
jays911 wrote:

That'd be awesome if they aired the game. I can't believe it's only a few blocks from my hotel on Ontario Street.

Just ask. Great people there. I spent an afternoon watching baseball while the wife shopped Nordstrom's, and struck up a conversation with another fan. We ended up buying rounds for each other. It wasn't until I got up to leave that I found out I'd spent the afternoon with Mark Grace.
jays911

Postby FereJay » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:40 pm

jays911 wrote: I spent an afternoon watching baseball while the wife shopped Nordstrom's, and struck up a conversation with another fan. We ended up buying rounds for each other. It wasn't until I got up to leave that I found out I'd spent the afternoon with Mark Grace.

hopefully he wasn't driving..

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/22385417/mark-grace-released-from-jail
FereJay

Postby jays911 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Why would anyone drive in Chi-town? Subway and cheap cabs.
jays911

Postby jays911 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Due to logistical issues, we drove on our last trip. The hotel wanted to charge us $65/day to park. I found other arrangements. Not a driver's town.
jays911

Postby JayInThe312 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:04 pm

I know some members of the board were trying to confirm with Jaks Tap (our usual Chicago place) that they will have the game. They've got a pretty good beer list and give Creighton fans 20% off during games.
JayInThe312

Postby Jaysforlife23 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:06 am

Confirming that Denver is Prohibition Bar on Colfax and Pennsylvania. I also saw a Jays flag in Winter Park at The Library (bar), it was a great day to be jay. :D
"You better get a timeout Jay Wright"
-Gus Johnson
Jaysforlife23

Postby IH8SIU » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 am

Went to a bar in Red Lodge, Montana once. About halfway through the meal I was looking around, and I'll be damned if it didn't have a Jays flag and a Jays penant hanging on its wall. Can't remember its name, but if you're ever in Red Lodge, just check them all until you find it.

On that same trip, we were hanging out in West Yellowstone -- Fouth of July, busy time, everyone in this little town for its fireworks show. A car drives by, and I'll be damned if it doesn't have the new Jays Nebraska license plates. Funny trip.
IH8SIU

Postby section202jay » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:35 am

IH8SIU wrote:Went to a bar in Red Lodge, Montana once. About halfway through the meal I was looking around, and I'll be damned if it didn't have a Jays flag and a Jays penant hanging on its wall. Can't remember its name, but if you're ever in Red Lodge, just check them all until you find it.

On that same trip, we were hanging out in West Yellowstone -- Fouth of July, busy time, everyone in this little town for its fireworks show. A car drives by, and I'll be damned if it doesn't have the new Jays Nebraska license plates. Funny trip.

We were driving through rural, and I mean RURAL Maine two summers ago and came across an SUV with a Nebraska Jays plate, a Jays sticker and decal on. Talked to them at the next stop and they've been CU fans for years.

Also, somewhat more local, saw a guy in Custer, South Dakota last summer with a Jays basketball shirt on. When I yelled 'Go Jays!' from my car he just stared at me and gave me a weird look.
section202jay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops