Creighton Bars

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Creighton Bars

Postby TBC Alum » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:01 am

Jaysforlife23 wrote:Maybe so..but last year all of our game viewing parties were games that were televised on ESPN/ESPN2/FSN Midwest and people still came.

Last year, you didn't have to deal with all the "recreational" tourists downtown. ;)
Seriously, my daughter mentioned there was a huge traffic problem (no pun intended) and no places to park.
TBC Alum

Postby BluffsBluejayGal » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Love me some downtown Denver! If I was a Denver Alumni, I would be there. But I do not live in Colorado and did not go to Creighton.

Your low turnout is probably due to more games being on TV. It sort of relates to games being held at DJs. Last year and the year before I went to DJs several times to watch games. I have yet to go this year.
BluffsBluejayGal

Postby LJay » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Travels will now take me to Denver on January 28 so I will miss the St John's game. :cry:

I'm staying at the Marriott downtown. It looks to be less than a mile from Prohibition Bar. :)
89 - 60
LJay

Postby SendDustyIn » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Don't mean to hijack the Denver discussion, but Jaks is giving us a free keg for the Jan. 25 game against Georgetown. We'll be in the Green room on the side.

EDIT - Jaks is the Creighton bar in Chicago. Just wanted to be clear on that.
SendDustyIn

Postby Jaysforlife23 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:52 pm

+1 SDI, would love to have that type of status, great work. How do you get established like that?
"You better get a timeout Jay Wright"
-Gus Johnson
Jaysforlife23

Postby SendDustyIn » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:27 pm

Jaysforlife23 wrote:+1 SDI, would love to have that type of status, great work. How do you get established like that?

The owner loves us. Last year, we consistently brought in ~20-30 people during his non-peak hours. For our big event, the first WSU game, we had over 100 people show up. He wants to up the ante this year to draw more people in, especially now that we're in the Big East. The keg will be from Trumer, most likely Trumer Pils.

Funny story, someone stole the Creighton flag off the wall last year. Thank God we had a second to put up.
SendDustyIn

Postby Jaysforlife23 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 pm

SendDustyIn wrote:
Jaysforlife23 wrote:+1 SDI, would love to have that type of status, great work. How do you get established like that?

The owner loves us. Last year, we consistently brought in ~20-30 people during his non-peak hours. For our big event, the first WSU game, we had over 100 people show up. He wants to up the ante this year to draw more people in, especially now that we're in the Big East. The keg will be from Trumer, most likely Trumer Pils.

Funny story, someone stole the Creighton flag off the wall last year. Thank God we had a second to put up.

How are your numbers this season?
-Gus Johnson
Jaysforlife23

Postby Jays26 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:30 am

The keg will be from Trumer, most likely Trumer Pils.

That sounds like a mighty fine beer! Anything that started in Austria must be good.

Almost makes me want to make the drive to Chicago! :D
Jays26

Postby SendDustyIn » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 am

Jaysforlife23 wrote:
SendDustyIn wrote:

How are your numbers this season?

Personally, I think it's too early to tell. There are regulars, but people generally don't show up until the team starts rolling.

I'm hopeful that FS1 isn't a double edged sword. It is quite nice to stay home and drink your own stash when the weather sucks. Also, the Sunday night games are tough. Last year, we had a nice Saturday afternoon rhythm going.
SendDustyIn

Postby Jaysforlife23 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Hey Denver Jays, Game viewing is switched from Jan. 25th to Saturday, Jan. 18 @6pm, game is vs. Providence. Hope to see ya this Saturday. Go Jays!
-Gus Johnson
Jaysforlife23

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops