Creighton Bars

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Creighton Bars

Postby tkjay » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:04 pm

IH8SIU wrote:Went to a bar in Red Lodge, Montana once. About halfway through the meal I was looking around, and I'll be damned if it didn't have a Jays flag and a Jays penant hanging on its wall. Can't remember its name, but if you're ever in Red Lodge, just check them all until you find it.

On that same trip, we were hanging out in West Yellowstone -- Fouth of July, busy time, everyone in this little town for its fireworks show. A car drives by, and I'll be damned if it doesn't have the new Jays Nebraska license plates. Funny trip.

Well back in the day there are a couple of bars in Red Lodge where it may have been cheaper for me to buy the bar vs. the amount I spent in those places. Great drinking town. Great memories.

Had a similar experience in Lincoln City Oregon (which is on the coast about 90 miles from Portland) two summers ago. Spent some time in the only sports bar in town which had about 15-20 college flags in the place. One of them was a CU flag to my surprise. It also had a huge wall where you could write your name, a message or whatever. I saw several CU fans who had passed thru and left messages.
tkjay

Postby tkjay » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:06 pm

Jaysforlife23 wrote:Confirming that Denver is Prohibition Bar on Colfax and Pennsylvania. I also saw a Jays flag in Winter Park at The Library (bar), it was a great day to be jay. :D

I think if I was in Denver I'd get a hold of cujaysfan. He probably could take you to a couple of great places to watch the Jays.
tkjay

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:52 pm

most assuredly, TK.

i tried doing some jays game watches here way back when - but they all fell kind of flat.

glad someone is having some success and i need to stop by for one.

offer stands - if anyone ever wants to hit me up - we can meet at one of my places (where i wield some sway over the remote) - or elsewheres.

heck - if the weather's nice - i might have to dig out the mid-life crisis and drive up to winter park for a game at that joint - nice little saturday.
cujaysfan

Postby SendDustyIn » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:50 pm

We've confirmed that Jaks will have the game in Chicago. Come on by, it looks like there will be a small crowd in the back.

Funny story, we had given Jaks a CU flag, and someone stole it off the wall over the summer. The McDermott jersey is still there.
SendDustyIn

Postby Jaysforlife23 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:31 pm

tkjay wrote:
Jaysforlife23 wrote:Confirming that Denver is Prohibition Bar on Colfax and Pennsylvania. I also saw a Jays flag in Winter Park at The Library (bar), it was a great day to be jay. :D

I think if I was in Denver I'd get a hold of cujaysfan. He probably could take you to a couple of great places to watch the Jays.

yea Pro bar is getting good success with descent turnouts, Cujays you should come out, it is really nice inside and has that nice North O feel on the outside... :lol:
"You better get a timeout Jay Wright"
-Gus Johnson
Jaysforlife23

Postby RockyMtnJay » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:46 pm

I'm going to be in Winter Park for Thanksgiving so maybe I'll check out that bar for the Wooden Legacy games.

Otherwise - Yes, Prohibition has had some good turnout over the last couple of years.
RockyMtnJay

Postby JayInThe312 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:44 am

RockyMtnJay wrote:I'm going to be in Winter Park for Thanksgiving so maybe I'll check out that bar for the Wooden Legacy games.

Otherwise - Yes, Prohibition has had some good turnout over the last couple of years.

I'll be in Denver over Thanksgiving--will people be at Prohibition for Friday's game?
JayInThe312

Postby Jaysforlife23 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:36 am

Denver Jays game watch today at Prohibition 1:30pm. Go Jays!
-Gus Johnson
Jaysforlife23

Postby Jaysforlife23 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:38 am

We could maybe do something informal for Thanksgiving, nothing officially set up.
-Gus Johnson
Jaysforlife23

Postby JayInThe312 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Jaysforlife23 wrote:We could maybe do something informal for Thanksgiving, nothing officially set up.

I've got no problems with informal. I'm not thinking Thanksgiving day, but I think it would be fun to get together with other Jays fans on Friday.
JayInThe312

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops