2024 Battle For Atlantis

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

2024 Battle For Atlantis

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:41 pm

https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a

Looks like a great field for the Jays' Thanksgiving tourney in the Bahamas next year. Not quite sure how good the Jays will be, with Kalk + Trey + Baylor all gone. Some talented frosh coming in. And you KNOW the organizers will set up a Creighton-Gonzaga match so that R2 can play against us (unless he heads for the pros or somewhere else next year).
Outlaw_Wales

Re: 2024 Battle For Atlantis

Postby skinzfan23 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:00 pm

Wow, that is a pretty loaded lineup. Hopefully our incoming freshmen next year are ready for the challenge.
skinzfan23

Postby LJay » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:37 pm

skinzfan23 wrote:Wow, that is a pretty loaded lineup. Hopefully our incoming freshmen next year are ready for the challenge.

Plus the numerous portalites obviously necessary in an off-season like the one coming up.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:01 pm

LJay wrote:
skinzfan23 wrote:Wow, that is a pretty loaded lineup. Hopefully our incoming freshmen next year are ready for the challenge.

Plus the numerous portalites obviously necessary in an off-season like the one coming up.

I wouldn't expect to see "numerous" portal additions (depending on how you define that). Creighton only has one or two scholarships open as of now for next season depending on what Ashworth decides to do. Next year might be a year they go somewhat young to build for their next big run.

What kind of attrition they run into and how the young guys develop as the season goes on will ultimately determine how aggressive they are, but they're not going to replace everybody they're losing with portal players. Some guys are going to have to grow up because Mac still wants to build his cores by developing his own recruits.
JacobPadilla

Postby LJay » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:22 pm

We’ll have to disagree. A couple or so defections each year strikes me as becoming the norm. I believe there will be portalites coming in where holes become obvious.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Here'sToMe » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:20 am

Just thinking about this logically, who's on the list of potential "portalities"? Kalk, Trey, and Baylor, and Farabello are gone next year, so moving down the line:

* Ashworth: Has his COVID year of eligibility left, has already used his one-time transfer.
* Miller: Worked his way into a starting role, uncle on the coaching staff, family investment in local sports bar
* Traudt: Has already used his one-time transfer, would have to sit out a year if he transferred again.
* Lawson: See Traudt
* Dotzler: Family legacy. Omaha kid. Worked his way onto the court (albeit sparingly so far) in year one.
* Green: Maybe he sees a future blocked by Miller and Traudt and looks elsewhere.

So out of this year's top ten, I see one legitimate transfer risk. If you're worried about Knox, Vice, et al. transferring out and creating holes, you're drastically putting the horse before the cart.
Here'sToMe

Postby Jaybird » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:31 am

If you're not putting the horse before the cart, you're doing it wrong, and the horse is going to be very confused..
Jaybird

Postby JayPak » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:44 pm

Traudt: Family nearby and girlfriend presumably returning to Creighton as a junior.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby CUGrads03 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:58 pm

Jaybird wrote:If you're not putting the horse before the cart, you're doing it wrong, and the horse is going to be very confused..

This is hilarious. Haha.
Colors True...
CUGrads03

Postby Django » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:38 pm

This likely will keep Fred here another year!
At Creighton Bob Gibson majored in sociology and starred in Basketball and Baseball. In 1957 Gibson received a $3,000 sign-on bonus with St. Louis Cardinals, but delayed his HOF Cards career a year to play pro B-ball with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Django

Next

Return to Men's Hoops