Justin Patton

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Justin Patton

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri May 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Evan Daniels top 20 draftees...from 11May17.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/bi ... all-051117

Patton at #13 (was 10th in the last version).
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
User avatar
gtmoBlue
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Canal Zone, Panama

 

Re: Justin Patton

Postby RVB » Sat May 13, 2017 12:27 am

NBA scouts recognize Justin Patton’s skill; ex-Bluejay understands pro game is mental, physical task

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-bas ... d4704.html
RVB
 
Posts: 5257
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:40 am

Re: Justin Patton

Postby Alphawalt » Sat May 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Patton's stock seems to be dropping fast. His measurable stats at the NBA combine are not good. He was tied for second lowest vertical leap, third slowest on the time for three quarter court sprint, and fifth slowest on the shuttle run time. ESPN article from today states, "Meeks, Bradley and Justin Patton looked relatively non-athletic in virtually every category. Some numbers were down-right ugly". Looks like his supposed athletism is being proven in question by the numbers. We know his defense and rebounding are not NBA caliber. He may slip to the second round, could be viewed as too much of a project for a first round pick. He should have come back for one more year.
Alphawalt
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:58 pm

Re: Justin Patton

Postby Jaysker12 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:14 am

Alphawalt wrote:Patton's stock seems to be dropping fast. His measurable stats at the NBA combine are not good. He was tied for second lowest vertical leap, third slowest on the time for three quarter court sprint, and fifth slowest on the shuttle run time. ESPN article from today states, "Meeks, Bradley and Justin Patton looked relatively non-athletic in virtually every category. Some numbers were down-right ugly". Looks like his supposed athletism is being proven in question by the numbers. We know his defense and rebounding are not NBA caliber. He may slip to the second round, could be viewed as too much of a project for a first round pick. He should have come back for one more year.


classy....
Jaysker12
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Justin Patton

Postby Alphawalt » Sun May 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Report article today from Sporting News on NBA combine reflects further concern for Patton:

"Potential first-round pick Justin Patton was not great athletically this week, putting up poor shuttle run, three-quarter court and vertical leap scores. He plays more athletically than those show, but there are concerns out there among NBA teams about his body and his toughness on the floor. We currently have him in the top-15 of our Big Board, but he’ll almost certainly drop on the next iteration. Not because of the athletic scores necessarily, but because the feedback from teams matches a lot of the concerns I have about his game".
Alphawalt
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:58 pm

Re: Justin Patton

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Sun May 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:
Alphawalt wrote:Patton's stock seems to be dropping fast. His measurable stats at the NBA combine are not good. He was tied for second lowest vertical leap, third slowest on the time for three quarter court sprint, and fifth slowest on the shuttle run time. ESPN article from today states, "Meeks, Bradley and Justin Patton looked relatively non-athletic in virtually every category. Some numbers were down-right ugly". Looks like his supposed athletism is being proven in question by the numbers. We know his defense and rebounding are not NBA caliber. He may slip to the second round, could be viewed as too much of a project for a first round pick. He should have come back for one more year.


classy....


Yeah - how dare you post factually accurate information that calls into question the immediate superstardom of someone who absolutely should have waited another year to chase the money and might end up really regretting it. Have some class and ignore all of that reality.
User avatar
Outlaw_Wales
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Justin Patton

Postby vivid_dude » Sun May 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:
Alphawalt wrote:Patton's stock seems to be dropping fast. His measurable stats at the NBA combine are not good. He was tied for second lowest vertical leap, third slowest on the time for three quarter court sprint, and fifth slowest on the shuttle run time. ESPN article from today states, "Meeks, Bradley and Justin Patton looked relatively non-athletic in virtually every category. Some numbers were down-right ugly". Looks like his supposed athletism is being proven in question by the numbers. We know his defense and rebounding are not NBA caliber. He may slip to the second round, could be viewed as too much of a project for a first round pick. He should have come back for one more year.


classy....


Can you tell me what was not classy about this post? I've read it three times and can't find anything that I would even loosely label as unclassy.
User avatar
vivid_dude
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: Justin Patton

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun May 14, 2017 7:45 pm

The tone, tenor, and in general the "down the toilet" trajectory trail of the author. The whole passage is an indictment of Patton because he chose to leave (with an agent). Many will say "this is all factual information" or "unbiased opinion" and are within the sphere of reason. However, this particular post has an under tone of bashing-bullying-vindictiveness to it.

Looks like his supposed athletism is being proven in question by the numbers. We know his defense and rebounding are not NBA caliber. He may slip to the second round, could be viewed as too much of a project for a first round pick. He should have come back for one more year.



Classy Alpha, classy indeed. It's the offseason and heck... bash 'm all Alphawait.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
User avatar
gtmoBlue
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Canal Zone, Panama

Re: Justin Patton

Postby mredle » Sun May 14, 2017 8:54 pm

Way to go GTMO. You brought up the I word (information) now doctor massengill is going to try to scratch your eyes out,
mredle
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Justin Patton

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun May 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Alphawalt wrote:Report article today from Sporting News on NBA combine reflects further concern for Patton:

"Potential first-round pick Justin Patton was not great athletically this week, putting up poor shuttle run, three-quarter court and vertical leap scores. He plays more athletically than those show, but there are concerns out there among NBA teams about his body and his toughness on the floor. We currently have him in the top-15 of our Big Board, but he’ll almost certainly drop on the next iteration. Not because of the athletic scores necessarily, but because the feedback from teams matches a lot of the concerns I have about his game".


I think these things are true, but we've known most of these for a long time -- JPadilla has told us forever that he isn't a guy who is all that explosive and he won't jump out of the gym like a lot of the guys at the combine.

That said, he's very tall and long and more importantly he has great hands and great balance and feet. That makes him quicker than his numbers are likely to be in the tests.

I think everyone knows he needs another year of S&C, so it's a matter of just how far they think he can get with that year.
Chicagojayfan
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests