Justin Patton

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Justin Patton

Postby fritzpointer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:42 pm

Happy for Justin. Hope you always stay the class act you are.
fritzpointer

Postby Eye of the Jay » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Huge accomplishment to get drafted that high by Justin. Pretty crazy that Josh Hart was the only senior selected in the first round.
Eye of the Jay

Postby Altman's Advisor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:16 pm

Nice thread, everyone.
Altman's Advisor

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:57 pm

How can you not like Jay Wright, class act.

Jay Wright @VUCoachJWright

Congrats to @JustinPatton17 for being selected in the @NBADraft - A great competitor and representative of @BluejayMBB and @BIGEAST !!
Jet915

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Altman's Advisor wrote:Nice thread, everyone.

I see what you did there
ZMagic30

Postby cufan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:17 pm

oakath wrote:The Wolves will be on TV quite a bit now with Butler, Wiggins and KAT. Long-term, I have to believe the Wolves see Patton as a stretch 4. In a few years, Wiggins could be the best 2 and KAT the best 5 in the NBA. The Wolves are a team you want to be on.

However, KAT played 37+ per night and they have very serviceable PF/C options. Thibadeau is notorious for not playing rookies so Patton will get a great year to develop. In year two, he will have a shot to win the 4 spot.

A year of getting paid millions, developing NBA skills, playing against the best in the world, and being part of a probable playoff team means he made the right decision. There is absolutely no comparison to what Creighton would have provided.

Yes, it was a no brainer decision, and I'm quite certain Mac advised him as much from the beginning.

Go get em Justin.
cufan

Postby RVB » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:35 am

Justin Patton Selected 16th in First Round 2017 NBA Draft by Chicago Bulls; Traded To Timberwolves

http://www.gocreighton.com/news/2017/6/ ... draft.aspx
RVB

Postby Jet915 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:08 am

Jet915

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:49 am

Every green room prospect invited to the draft got a live, on-air interview...except Patton. Am I right about that or did I miss others getting snubbed? I watched, somewhat attentively, into the second round.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind that ESPN didn't interview the only invited Big East green room prospect, and that seems fishy.

That aside, congrats to Justin. I love the fit in Minnesota. His family has to love it too. He either goes to the G-league (even closer in Des Moines) to develop his game, or learns under Thibodeau, KAT and potentially Kevin Garnett, if he still teaches big men.
vivid_dude

Postby mel ott » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:45 am

vivid_dude wrote:Every green room prospect invited to the draft got a live, on-air interview...except Patton. Am I right about that or did I miss others getting snubbed? I watched, somewhat attentively, into the second round.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind that ESPN didn't interview the only invited Big East green room prospect, and that seems fishy.

That aside, congrats to Justin. I love the fit in Minnesota. His family has to love it too. He either goes to the G-league (even closer in Des Moines) to develop his game, or learns under Thibodeau, KAT and potentially Kevin Garnett, if he still teaches big men.

Absolutely, you are correct. I was so pissed and thought the exact same thing- limit exposure to the Big East. Funny how they played an interview with Calipari for the time usually alloted to the interview with the draftee. The only one not to be interviewed to that point.
mel ott

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops