Khyri Thomas

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Khyri Thomas

Postby RVB » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:15 am

His guard is always up: Toughness, attention to detail help Khyri Thomas become Creighton’s defensive stopper

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-bas ... 232a3.html
RVB

Postby whiteandblue77 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:56 pm

People keep saying how impressive Tazz is because they don't draw up plays for him. Beggs the question: who the hell on this team has plays drawn up for them?

Foster? no. Cole? no. Watson? Hell no. Patton? One, the lob dunk. Other than that, no. Iz? F-no. Heggs? no.

Anybody know of any "plays?"
whiteandblue77

Postby ZMagic30 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:03 am

Huff has post-ups ran for him. Foster has isos ran for him, I can remember some post-ups for him earlier in the season as well. Mostly it's just motion offense, though
ZMagic30

Postby Altman's Advisor » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:12 am

whiteandblue77 wrote:People keep saying how impressive Tazz is because they don't draw up plays for him. Beggs the question: who the hell on this team has plays drawn up for them?

Foster? no. Cole? no. Watson? Hell no. Patton? One, the lob dunk. Other than that, no. Iz? F-no. Heggs? no.

... Are you serious, Clark?
Altman's Advisor

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:07 am

This is kinda funny since I think the first play of the Butler game was set up for Khyri. I rewatched it to make sure, but he hangs out down on the block while Cole and Marcus peel out as Mo brings up the ball. He then comes out through the traffic around Justin, catches and immediately shoots a 3. Sure looked like a play.

I agree he doesn't get much set up, but I'm not sure he wants to have plays run for him. Seems to function better in the flow of the game, happy to let others take on the pressure to score.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Oldfan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:16 am

Foster had 2 alley-oop plays run for him right after getting the T against St John's. Mac runs plays all the time to try and get certain players shots.
Oldfan

Postby HandDownManDown » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:53 am

WW- that was a set. I noticed it too. I'm guessing Mac saw that KT had struggled a little offensively the last few and wanted to jump start him while giving him a confidence vote.

Confidence is a strange thing with Thomas. I may have posted this once before, but in an interview with Bahe around Christmas last season Bahe mentioned with his hot start the hoop must look huge. Thomas replied he never thinks it's going in. Bahe chuckled and sort of re-asked it assuming he was kidding, and was totally dumbfounded when he wasn't. Then he crashed when the conference season started.

He's showing more confidence this season, but it's still a little fragile: he had almost this same conversation with Dotzler in an interview earlier this season where Josh responded with something like, "You gotta keep feeling like it's going in, Khyri!" and Thomas sheepishly said "I know, I know..."

So his selflessness and humility can be a double edged sword sometimes.
HandDownManDown

Postby jayball » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:17 pm

Great reports out of summer league on Tazz. Also really cool interview with him on Bahe's show. He sounds like an upperclassmen now. His encouragement and support for Martin is great to hear.

His development has been really fun to watch. Local Omaha kid working his tail off to get better and becoming a 2 way force. He seems more than capable of having and all big east type of year.
jayball

Postby ictjay » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:57 pm

whiteandblue77 wrote:People keep saying how impressive Tazz is because they don't draw up plays for him. Beggs the question: who the hell on this team has plays drawn up for them?

Oh oh, you got exposed. Credibility needle just got buried. :o
ictjay

Return to Men's Hoops