Khyri Thomas

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Khyri Thomas

Postby mredle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:20 pm

vivid_dude wrote:I just spent 5 minutes reviewing a handful of scouting reports on Khyri from these draft sites, and let's just say I don't have a lot of faith in a few of them. Here's some critiques of Khyri that I found incorrect or odd:

- undisciplined defensively (no)
- not a true point guard (not a true center either - but no one is saying he'd play point)
- not elite at any one particular skill (um, defense?)

Another weakness stated is that "he's the age of a senior" and "cannot afford to wait another season to enter draft." Found that interesting. "Considered a likely 2018 draft entrant."

NBA comp: Jrue Holiday. I don't see that, personally, as Jrue is a legit point guard. The guy I go back to is Eric Bledsoe. Far from a perfect comp, but I struggle finding a good one with Khyri.

A smaller Kawhi?
mredle

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:25 am

Smaller kawhi, that's not a bad comp. To me he's somewhere between Marcus Smart and Tony Allen
Jaysker12

Postby whiteandblue77 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:24 pm

Best part of Taz and JP is I can see them having awesome NBA careers and coming back to Benson and North and growing those communities and really developing the city like never before.
whiteandblue77

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Pretty good mock drafts for Khyri with him going 12,15, and 21 in these drafts. If he gets feedback that he's a surefire top 25 pick, I think he should definitely head out this year.

I also don't think it will be the end of the world if he leaves. It will give other people a chance to step up on both ends of the court. We won't have 3 guys waiting around for Marcus or Khyri to make a play. I think Ronnie and Martin will really develop a leadership role then and our backcourt should flourish. Obviously I think we take a step back without Taz, but I'd rather see him as a first round pick then come back and leave money on the table.
Eye of the Jay

Postby LynchMob » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:We won't have 3 guys waiting around for Marcus or Khyri to make a play.

Sure we will. We just won't have anyone actually making plays.

If you're betting on someone taking a leadership role on offense, it has to be Mitch. Martin can't lead the offense from the 5, somebody has to get the ball moving to get it to him. Love Ronnie's effort but I've never seen anything from him to suggest he's a leader.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby whiteandblue77 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:50 pm

LynchMob wrote:
Eye of the Jay wrote:We won't have 3 guys waiting around for Marcus or Khyri to make a play.

Sure we will. We just won't have anyone actually making plays.

If you're betting on someone taking a leadership role on offense, it has to be Mitch. Martin can't lead the offense from the 5, somebody has to get the ball moving to get it to him. Love Ronnie's effort but I've never seen anything from him to suggest he's a leader.

You shouldn’t post while the nurses are changing your colostomy bag
whiteandblue77

Postby slaw » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:45 pm

#14 to the Clips in this Yahoo mock draft

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-mock-draft ... 46550.html

14. Los Angeles Clippers: G Khyri Thomas, Jr., Creighton

Thomas, who will turn 22 by the draft, has a lot of Gary Harris to his game. At 6-3, he isn’t especially big, but because of his sensational length (6-10 wingspan) and high-level athleticism, Thomas plays bigger. More importantly, he also plays with great balance and pace, able to come off screens and shoot, but he can also get into the teeth of the defense and make a play. Better yet, he plays with a control and pace that you rarely find in young combo guys. Thomas is a versatile offensive weapon who can guard both NBA backcourt spots. He is precisely what the Clippers need and represents great value at the tail end of the lottery.
slaw

Postby Oldfan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:58 pm

That seems really high - I see him more in the mid to late 20’s
Oldfan

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Oldfan wrote:That seems really high - I see him more in the mid to late 20’s

that's where a team will get the most value out of him as a pick. khyri's a high value draft pick - unselfish, smart, athletic player that has a defensive mindset - but not someone that will demand big bucks on a second contract
Jaysker12

Postby Polyfro » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Khyri is declaring for the draft, but not hiring an agent, per ESPN's Jeff Goodman. No surprise there.

Smart move to leave himself the opportunity to return after he gets feedback at the draft combine -- it would have been ludicrous to not at least test the waters. But I'm guessing that he'll ultimately wind up staying in the draft.

#GoJays
Polyfro

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops