Khyri Thomas

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Khyri Thomas

Postby blueblood » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Being completely serious. Why is this news? 99% of these guys come back to school. It a free analysis.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby oakath » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:50 pm

He's a smart guy and if you can hedge this type of bet then you hedge it. A majority of players who don't hire an agent do return, but that's because most of them 1) aren't close to ready and 2) want the free assessment. Didn't Watson and Huff do so? I think KT is gone because he is ready. There are lots of good franchises drafting where he projects.

I would like to clarify though that teams don't draft players based on future contracts. That's absurd. Do you think the Warriors are upset Curry, Thompson and Green became All-Stars and now have mammoth contracts? Does anyone think the Nuggets regret trading Doug for Gary Harris? The Bulls got destroyed in that deal sad to say. Every NBA team picks the player with the greatest upside. KT is already an NBA defender.
oakath

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:03 pm

"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby DC_JAY » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:01 am

gtmoBlue wrote:https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/04/10/creighton-basketball-importance-khyri-thomas-upcoming-decision/

I more or less agree with this article. Thomas's decision will significantly sway next season's results. If he returns, I do believe the Jays can compete for second in the league. If he goes, it will be a struggle to make the tournament.
DC_JAY

Postby cu8493 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:08 am

I think you are underestimating the talent that is in the program. While Khyri's absence will make us a different team, I am not going to conceded that we will fall off so far that one player leaving, even of his talent, will push us into outside looking in status. We have several newcomers and many who took backseats to Khyri and Marcus this year who will be stepping up to take up the slack. I am optimistic that we will still be top half BE with or without Khyri.
cu8493

Postby Jaysker12 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:56 am

we are still a tournament team. with the amount of returning talent, we just have to be.
Jaysker12

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:01 pm

we will still have talent

however - we'll be decidedly less athletic - Marcus and Khyri are all timers in that department

I don't think - other than Rodney - we've ever had guys with the athleticism of those two before* - much less on the same team

Derek Bain exception
Last edited by cujaysfan on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cujaysfan

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:10 pm

It's petty clear to me that the Staff is going to make some additions to the team. We don't know who but the recruits who have said they would visit is any indication we will be adding some real talent. We also have 3 very good Freshmen coming in. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby DC_JAY » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:19 pm

cu8493 wrote:I think you are underestimating the talent that is in the program. While Khyri's absence will make us a different team, I am not going to conceded that we will fall off so far that one player leaving, even of his talent, will push us into outside looking in status. We have several newcomers and many who took backseats to Khyri and Marcus this year who will be stepping up to take up the slack. I am optimistic that we will still be top half BE with or without Khyri.

I hope you are correct. We were two losses away from the NIT this season and have a much tougher non-conference slate next year. If Martin picks up where he left off before his injury, I'm bullish. If not...
DC_JAY

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:01 pm

DC_JAY wrote:
cu8493 wrote:I think you are underestimating the talent that is in the program. While Khyri's absence will make us a different team, I am not going to conceded that we will fall off so far that one player leaving, even of his talent, will push us into outside looking in status. We have several newcomers and many who took backseats to Khyri and Marcus this year who will be stepping up to take up the slack. I am optimistic that we will still be top half BE with or without Khyri.

I hope you are correct. We were two losses away from the NIT this season and have a much tougher non-conference slate next year. If Martin picks up where he left off before his injury, I'm bullish. If not...

Is our nonconference much tougher next year?

This year it did include three consecutive top 20 opponents. Northwestern, Baylor, and UCLA all underperformed, but were really solid at the time. I think at Gonzaga was a tougher challenge than at Oklahoma is, and we still have Gonzaga here this year. Outside of those two, who is the really tough opponents on the nonconference for next year?
Outlaw_Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops