Khyri Thomas

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Khyri Thomas

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:it's probable that a good number of scouts saw him against UCLA and especially Baylor. there might be a novelty effect, teams see him for the first time and he shoots up their draft board. remember when JP was getting top 5 looks? this could be a similar situation. khyri is worthy of a first round pick, but there's no way he's the 18th best prospect in the class. I see him going in the 20's-30's, he will be a high value pick in that range as an upperclassman with a good body and potential to contribute on defense immediately.

I think too many around here are starting to take for granted just how good he really is. It still absolutely blows my mind that he was left off the Big East preseason lists -- and now he's the second highest rated Big East player on those draft boards. And there have been scouts at pretty much every Jays game this year watching him and Foster.

The thing that makes him stand out from almost everybody else on that draft board is his lock down defense. It doesn't always jump out on the stat sheet the way some of the other guys' offensive numbers do, but scouts see it -- and those other guys don't have it. They see a guy with length, positioning, footwork, and the ability to guard multiple positions and players and basically take them completely out of the game every single night. Add in that he shoots the ball at a really high rate, can get out in transition and finish in traffic, is a good free throw shooter, etc., and you can absolutely make a case that he is in the top 20 players on the draft board. Most of those other guys are not great two way players -- Khyri is.

I've almost resigned myself to the fact that he's going to be gone next year. Right now I'm seriously considering going to New York again this year just to see his final appearances in a Jays uniform.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Well said, Josey.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby Easypaddy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:29 am

Good for him. He has worked his ass off.
Easypaddy

Postby RVB » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:56 am

Bigger offensive workload not slowing Creighton's Khyri Thomas; Omaha Benson grad appears in mock drafts

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-bas ... e7b11.html
RVB

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 am

I'm really excited about our freshmen, including Epperson.

But man, losing Foster and Thomas both is going to be really tough to replace next year. Not to mention Mad Dog.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:22 pm

With Marcus Z distributing the rock. Ty-Shon, Mitch, Ronnie, & Chris shooting, Jacob, Martin, & co. rebounding, blocking shots, etc.. Our support cast still supporting well, along with a Spring surprise or 2. I am encouraged for next year, beginning next April.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:30 pm

So you don't see a roll for Kaleb and Damien?
fritzpointer

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Part of the support group...they will play. Marcus is probably not a Trey Young or Tre Waters...Both Davion & KJ have a role and will play significant minutes.

Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby RVB » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:35 pm

Khyri Thomas’ response to slump for Creighton? Just keep shooting .

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/plus/khy ... fc9e5.html
RVB

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops