Return to Men's Hoops

2016-17 Men's Basketball

Postby RVB » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:45 am

Coach McDermott previews 2016-17 Men's Basketball Season

http://www.gocreighton.com/news/2016/9/ ... eason.aspx
RVB

Re: 2016-17 Men's Basketball

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:14 am

Stumbled across a few conflicting Creighton stories last few days.

Jeff Goodman, who historically has been fair to Creighton, pegged the Jays as one of the more overrated teams in the country.

On the other side of the spectrum, I believe it was CBS Sports who said Creighton provided the best value for winning the National Championship based on Vegas odds.
vivid_dude

Postby taa71458 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:28 am

vivid_dude wrote:Stumbled across a few conflicting Creighton stories last few days.

Jeff Goodman, who historically has been fair to Creighton, pegged the Jays as one of the more overrated teams in the country.

On the other side of the spectrum, I believe it was CBS Sports who said Creighton provided the best value for winning the National Championship based on Vegas odds.

Goodman? More like Badman

taa71458

Postby hibma » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:07 pm

A season to dream of, a season of high expectations and a low threshold to stew in the monotony of the game. we are truly in for a buckle'm up and drive into an imaginary brick wall sort of year, and I have my airbag recalled. my skin has become saturated in the mist of hoops season; now I patiently await the pool of baskets and cross overs to drown every pore!

I digress; it is now high time we adjust our x ray vision goggles to the hoop year. the wind has a chill, the sweatshirts adorned with Bluejays and corporate swooshes come off the hangers and onto my chest. my heart plays with a rhythmic beat of a dribbled ball much to the chagrin of my low blood pressure. I am ready! you - you need to prepare!

hoops season --- assemble!!
*~*hibma*~*
hibma

Postby NUgradCUfan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:20 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Stumbled across a few conflicting Creighton stories last few days.

Ya I also saw Goodman's article. In it he questions whether Foster will revert back to his sophomore ways at KState. I feel like a lot of people from the outside looking in have that skepticism about him, which I can understand. I think that anybody that has followed Creighton, especially as close as anybody on this message board, doesn't see that happening under McDermott and, on top of that, being surrounded by guys like Mo that are all basketball all the time with no distractions. I firmly believe that our 20-25 preseason ranking is very accurate in these polls coming out with plenty of room to move up from there.
NUgradCUfan

Postby JayPak » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:21 pm

hibma wrote:A season to dream of, a season of high expectations and a low threshold to stew in the monotony of the game. we are truly in for a buckle'm up and drive into an imaginary brick wall sort of year, and I have my airbag recalled. my skin has become saturated in the mist of hoops season; now I patiently await the pool of baskets and cross overs to drown every pore!

I digress; it is now high time we adjust our x ray vision goggles to the hoop year. the wind has a chill, the sweatshirts adorned with Bluejays and corporate swooshes come off the hangers and onto my chest. my heart plays with a rhythmic beat of a dribbled ball much to the chagrin of my low blood pressure. I am ready! you - you need to prepare!

hoops season --- assemble!!

hhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbbbbbmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby jayball » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:29 pm

it will be fun and interesting to see how minutes get allocated and how rotations develop.

Mo and Marcus will get big minutes.

What will Z's role be coming off bench, will he get minutes at 3?

Will it be Harrell vs Paras for minutes? They seem like similar players. Can either spell Thomas at the 3?

What is Toby's role going to be this year- more 4 or 5 spot?

Is Kramplej slotted at 5 spot now with weight gain and Hanson injury?
jayball

Postby RVB » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:41 pm

Observations from Creighton's first practice

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/blog/obs ... 73ff8.html
RVB

Postby RVB » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:25 pm

Creighton guards feeling things out at season's first practice

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-bas ... c6c9a.html
RVB

Postby JayPak » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:56 pm

jayball wrote:it will be fun and interesting to see how minutes get allocated and how rotations develop.

Mo and Marcus will get big minutes.

What will Z's role be coming off bench, will he get minutes at 3?

Will it be Harrell vs Paras for minutes? They seem like similar players. Can either spell Thomas at the 3?

What is Toby's role going to be this year- more 4 or 5 spot?

Is Kramplej slotted at 5 spot now with weight gain and Hanson injury?

Why do you assume Z will be coming off bench?
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Next

Return to Men's Hoops