2016-17 Games worthy of note

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2016-17 Games worthy of note

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 pm

What could have been..... The Jays looked better than both of these teams before Mo went down.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby Jaybird » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 pm

To me, as much as anything, it's exposing for all to see the sorry state of college officiating. And these guys are the absolute cream of the crop? BTW, we had this Michael Stephens dude for four of our games this year. We lost 'em all.
Jaybird

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:39 pm

Damn refs took over the 2nd half. Freakin cheaters......maybe the title will be vacated later on.
Jet915

Postby section221jay » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:47 pm

McKinney's Neighbor wrote:This has been a horrible game. Borderline unwatchable.

Disliking both teams as i do I was at least hoping to watch a gooday game. Between the refs giving their whistles a work out and both teams playing like absolute shit...that Game sucked balls. And then the end was fitting...clank.
section221jay

Postby cufan10 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:57 pm

That second half was brutal. No flow what so ever. The refs really loved the sound of their whistles refusing to pass up a chance to call a foul. Might as well put a big asterisk in the record book since UNCheat should have been banned from playing in the tournament if the NCAA was not dragging their feet on the fake class investigation. Terrible end to the season.
cufan10

Postby Jaybird » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:34 pm

The clear lesson here is, if you want to win the national title, really, really want it, so bad you can taste it, well, cheat more than anybody else. Cheat like hell. Cheat your ass off. Turns out, the NCAA's just fine with it. NCAA don't care. Sort of like tonight's refs watching Karnowski travel halfway back to Poland. Didn't see nuthin.

Bummer, by the way, when Julia Louis-Dreyfus gets in the One Shining Moment montage and we don't.
Jaybird

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:19 am

Jaybird wrote:The clear lesson here is, if you want to win the national title, really, really want it, so bad you can taste it, well, cheat more than anybody else. Cheat like hell. Cheat your ass off. Turns out, the NCAA's just fine with it. NCAA don't care. Sort of like tonight's refs watching Karnowski travel halfway back to Poland. Didn't see nuthin.

Bummer, by the way, when Julia Louis-Dreyfus gets in the One Shining Moment montage and we don't.

Pretty much. NC even being in that game was disgusting.

Only thing that can redeem this season is if that title and the 2 others from before are vacated. Would kind of feel bad for the players, but they knowingly went to a school that was cheating on a massive scale, so I wouldn't really care
Chicagojayfan

Postby cufan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:20 am

Chicagojayfan wrote:
Jaybird wrote:The clear lesson here is, if you want to win the national title, really, really want it, so bad you can taste it, well, cheat more than anybody else. Cheat like hell. Cheat your ass off. Turns out, the NCAA's just fine with it. NCAA don't care. Sort of like tonight's refs watching Karnowski travel halfway back to Poland. Didn't see nuthin.

Pretty much. NC even being in that game was disgusting.

Only thing that can redeem this season is if that title and the 2 others from before are vacated. Would kind of feel bad for the players, but they knowingly went to a school that was cheating on a massive scale, so I wouldn't really care

I am bewildered why anybody at all would still believe that academics has anything whatsoever to do with major college sports. The idea is so antiquated it is funny we try to hold onto it. Running a high level university (North Carolina, the school) and running a professional minor league team on the backs of free labor (Tar Heels basketball) have nothing in common.

Only a matter of time, in my opinion, where college sports are completely removed from the universities.
cufan

Postby go_jays » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:31 am

That will never happen. College Sports is a promotional tool for admissions... admissions = $$$... $$$ = better sports programs... which = admissions... which = etc etc etc etc...

Not to mention College Sports = NCAA... which = marketing opportunities for corporations to advertise... which = $$$... which equals an opportunity to improve the product that is a huge part of Broadcast and Cablecast inventory... which = $$$... which equals etc etc etc...

It's an industry... and a HUGE one at that.
go_jays

Postby cufan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:32 pm

go_jays wrote:That will never happen. College Sports is a promotional tool for admissions... admissions = $$$... $$$ = better sports programs... which = admissions... which = etc etc etc etc...

Not to mention College Sports = NCAA... which = marketing opportunities for corporations to advertise... which = $$$... which equals an opportunity to improve the product that is a huge part of Broadcast and Cablecast inventory... which = $$$... which equals etc etc etc...

It's an industry... and a HUGE one at that.

Oh i completely agree. I mean more along the lines of colleges will have sports teams, but players wont have to pretend to be students. NCAA will be gone, thats almost a guarantee. Several damaging lawsuits, power conferences already removing themselves by governing themselves, etc. They don't need the NCAA anymore.
cufan

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops