MVC

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: MVC

Postby mannygakou » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:58 pm

section202jay wrote:I don't want to say "never", but I highly doubt I will ever go to NYC for the BET. I can think of many things I would rather spend $3,000 on. St. Louis for Arch Madness was ideal.

who's spending $3,000 to go to NY?
mannygakou

Postby section202jay » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:59 pm

mannygakou wrote:
section202jay wrote:I don't want to say "never", but I highly doubt I will ever go to NYC for the BET. I can think of many things I would rather spend $3,000 on. St. Louis for Arch Madness was ideal.

For two people, that's about what it would cost.

Maybe $2,600 if you want me to be more specific.
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby SoDakJay » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Two people can definitely do the trip for $1,500-2,000. Still expensive, but $3,000 gets you a fairly luxurious extended weekend in NYC.
SoDakJay

Postby Jay_Supremacy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:21 pm

section202jay wrote:
mannygakou wrote:

Just because I hate to see somebody deprive themselves of the greatest city on earth. You just need to find a friend in New York with an extra bed... My sister is coming and staying with us and pulling it off for less than $500 total (beer and booze are no more expensive at MSG than they were at Scottstrade, happy hour deals Creighton negotiated are in line with what you would pay in STL). Even without a free place to stay, I think your estimate is a touch high.

I say price tag comes in under $2,000:
Hotel x 3 = $600 total (stay somewhere uptown in the UWS, more interesting neighborhood and easy subway ride)
Flight x 2 = $800 total
Taxi x 2 = $90
Tickets x 2 ($60 x ~2 sessions) = $240

= $1,730 + food and drink.
Jay_Supremacy

Postby Jays26 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:23 pm

Question....Does JP come to Creighton if we are still in the Valley?

I know he loves the Jays but does he not pull the trigger so quickly on his commitment and listens to bigger offers if we are still stuck in the Valley.
Jays26

Postby section202jay » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:27 pm

Jay_Supremacy wrote:Just because I hate to see somebody deprive themselves of the greatest city on earth. You just need to find a friend in New York with an extra bed... My sister is coming and staying with us and pulling it off for less than $500 total (beer and booze are no more expensive at MSG than they were at Scottstrade, happy hour deals Creighton negotiated are in line with what you would pay in STL). Even without a free place to stay, I think your estimate is a touch high.

Hotel x 3 = $600 total (stay somewhere uptown in the UWS, more interesting neighborhood and easy subway ride)
Flight x 2 = $800 total
Taxi x 2 = $90

Plus babysitter cost back home. And two taxi rides? Probably still under my guesstimate but my point was that it's freaking expensive as hell. And greatest city on Earth? Puhleeez.
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:36 pm

section202jay wrote:
mannygakou wrote:

Jay_Supremacy wrote:
Just because I hate to see somebody deprive themselves of the greatest city on earth. You just need to find a friend in New York with an extra bed... My sister is coming and staying with us and pulling it off for less than $500 total (beer and booze are no more expensive at MSG than they were at Scottstrade, happy hour deals Creighton negotiated are in line with what you would pay in STL). Even without a free place to stay, I think your estimate is a touch high.

Flight x 2 = $800 total
Taxi x 2 = $90

If you don't have the luxury of staying for free with a friend or family member, your estimate is a touch low if we're comparing to what people did in going to the MVC.

Hotel -- if you're going for the BET, let's assume you're going for the tournament -- that's 4 nights hotel (Wed thru Sat) for quite a few of the people here. $200 is a minimum per night -- and certainly doesn't amount to "luxurious" or whatever that one earlier post suggested. So that's $800.

Flight -- $800.

Taxi / Subway / etc. -- $100 -- you might be able to avoid or reduce that, but it's comparable to what you threw out.

Tickets -- again, if you're buying all session tickets, the minimum was $400 each -- for two people = $800.

That's $2500 before you eat or drink anything. And before you add any other entertainment during what is likely an unusual or only very very occasional trip to the greatest city on earth. So you likely want to add something else there.

$3000 for two people is not a lavish trip to NYC. It's a pretty reasonable and modest one for a trip from Omaha to NYC for the tournament and just a little bit of other entertainment -- and maybe actually a bit low of an estimate.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby section202jay » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
If you don't have the luxury of staying for free with a friend or family member, your estimate is a touch low if we're comparing to what people did in going to the MVC.

Hotel -- if you're going for the BET, let's assume you're going for the tournament -- that's 4 nights hotel (Wed thru Sat) for quite a few of the people here. $200 is a minimum per night -- and certainly doesn't amount to "luxurious" or whatever that one earlier post suggested. So that's $800.

Flight -- $800.

Taxi / Subway / etc. -- $100 -- you might be able to avoid or reduce that, but it's comparable to what you threw out.

Tickets -- again, if you're buying all session tickets, the minimum was $400 each -- for two people = $800.

That's $2500 before you eat or drink anything. And before you add any other entertainment during what is likely an unusual or only very very occasional trip to the greatest city on earth. So you likely want to add something else there.

$3000 for two people is not a lavish trip to NYC. It's a pretty reasonable and modest one for a trip from Omaha to NYC for the tournament and just a little bit of other entertainment -- and maybe actually a bit low of an estimate.

Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:47 pm

If u avoid the all session tickets and just go to the Creighton games, i can probably get nosebleeds for <50 bucks a ticket...
Jet915

Postby ShowMeJay » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Jet915 wrote:If u avoid the all session tickets and just go to the Creighton games, i can probably get nosebleeds for <50 bucks a ticket...

But then you're not at a game, which means you're probably doing some entertainment, which costs money. Unless you don't have a needy wife and kids who need shit to do, then you can just veg out all day and do nothing until the Jays take the floor. Count me in as one who misses STL and won't ever consider NYC. Arch Madness was a two hour drive for us.
Last edited by ShowMeJay on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShowMeJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops