2017 Big East Offseason

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

2017 Big East Offseason

Postby taa71458 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:53 am

taa71458

Re: 2017 Big East Offseason

Postby Old MVC Days » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:49 am

Damn. That's a surprise given his tearful response to making the NCAA Tourney.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby JacobPadilla » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:17 pm

Goodman tweeted that LJ Peak intends to declare for the draft and hire an agent. The Hoyas are in trouble.
JacobPadilla

Postby BostonBlueJay » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:53 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:Goodman tweeted that LJ Peak intends to declare for the draft and hire an agent. The Hoyas are in trouble.

Yeah, they're toast.

Also conflicting reports that Angel Delgado and Khadeen Carrington will declare. Early reports said they were declaring but not hiring agents..latest report says Delgado hasn't made up his mind.

Delgado is more NBA ready than Patton at this point. He leaves and that's one more player at his position to knock him down the draft boards. Delgado gets feedback to return and, well, if that's his feedback, I'm sure it would be the same for Patton.
BostonBlueJay

Postby jln » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:16 pm

BostonBlueJay wrote:
JacobPadilla wrote:Goodman tweeted that LJ Peak intends to declare for the draft and hire an agent. The Hoyas are in trouble.

Yeah, they're toast.

Also conflicting reports that Angel Delgado and Khadeen Carrington will declare. Early reports said they were declaring but not hiring agents..latest report says Delgado hasn't made up his mind.

Delgado is more NBA ready than Patton at this point. He leaves and that's one more player at his position to knock him down the draft boards. Delgado gets feedback to return and, well, if that's his feedback, I'm sure it would be the same for Patton.

That's not how this works.
jln

Postby BostonBlueJay » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 pm

jln wrote:

My opinion of course...
BostonBlueJay

Postby Duke1Agn » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:42 pm

BostonBlueJay wrote:
jln wrote:

My opinion of course...

You're entitled to your opinion. But Delgado has precisely a 0% chance of being drafted ahead of Patton.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:28 pm

Duke1Agn wrote:
BostonBlueJay wrote:
jln wrote:

My opinion of course...

You're entitled to your opinion. But Delgado has precisely a 0% chance of being drafted ahead of Patton.

Agreed. He's pretty much got no range, undersized for an NBA 5 and can't shoot FTs. He can rebound. That's it. No way he gets drafted in the NBA. He's a great college player though.
Jet915

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:17 am

Jet915 wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:
BostonBlueJay wrote:My opinion of course...

Agreed. He's pretty much got no range, undersized for an NBA 5 and can't shoot FTs. He can rebound. That's it. No way he gets drafted in the NBA. He's a great college player though.

he may get drafted, but he's not a lottery pick. He may work his way into an NBA career, but his likely feedback would be to go back to school and work on his offensive skills. His one big skill of rebounding is a useful one, but he's an old school type of player and at best would be a role player in the NBA right now.

The key difference between him and Patton is that Patton has definitive NBA potential and skills, he just needs time to put on weight and strength and a lot of teams may be willing to give up a year in order to draft him early.

Delgado has a much tougher road and most teams would be concerned about the lack of offensive skills at this point and would want to see more from him.. not to mention his potential upside is a lot lower than Patton's
Chicagojayfan

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:48 am

delgado is reggie evans - similar size and games

i don't he think got drafted but played in the NBA for about 10+ years - and was a dedicated rebounder
cujaysfan

Next

Return to Men's Hoops