Marcus Foster

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:36 am

GoKobe wrote:does this imply Foster will play point next season? I mean, that's what they have told him to do since he's undersized to play in the nba. So he will be forced to master his ball handling.

Marcus Foster - PG / Kaleb Joseph
Davion Mintz - SG / Mitch
Thomas - SG / Tyshon
Kobe - SF (yes bias) / Harrell Jr. / Martin
Patton - C / Toby Hegner / Martin

No, he said he'd be improving his ball handling coming off ball screens, not playing point.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:43 am

Hate to rain on anyone's parade... but I'd be willing to bet Kobes role isn't going to be much different than it was this year. He's not gonna get legit minutes, IMO.
Creighton 18'
bluejayfan00

Postby cu8493 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:28 am

Marcus working on ball handling will be a very good thing. Marcus working on defensive footwork would be a great thing. I do think Marcus can be the team's vocal and emotional leader next year. Have him take a leadership class/seminar this summer. I am looking forward to Marcus having a BE player of the year-type season next year, with KT joining him on the all BE first team.
cu8493

Postby GoKobe » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:40 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:Hate to rain on anyone's parade... but I'd be willing to bet Kobes role isn't going to be much different than it was this year. He's not gonna get legit minutes, IMO.

Next year will be different.

Remember this post.
GoKobe

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:31 pm

GoKobe wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:Hate to rain on anyone's parade... but I'd be willing to bet Kobes role isn't going to be much different than it was this year. He's not gonna get legit minutes, IMO.

Remember this post.

Nothing personal, my man. He's not playing over Marcus and Khyri. He's not gonna play over the Ronnie Harrell we saw at the end of the year. I'd be willing to bet one of either (if it both) of Mitch and TyShon will get decent minutes.
Creighton 18'
bluejayfan00

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Kobe is gonna fight Tyshon and Mitch for the leftover minutes behind Khyri and Marcus. He'll have to earn it in practice.
Jet915

Postby GoKobe » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:33 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:
GoKobe wrote:

Remember this post.

Nothing personal, my man. He's not playing over Marcus and Khyri. He's not gonna play over the Ronnie Harrell we saw at the end of the year. I'd be willing to bet one of either (if it both) of Mitch and TyShon will get decent minutes.

I don't think I've implied he''s playing over Marcus and Khyri. I'm just saying he will play minutes. Maybe 10 minutes max per game. Also, I think either of the two recruits will redshirt next season..it might be Tyshon to me.
GoKobe

Postby Ethanfor3 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:12 am

GoKobe wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:
GoKobe wrote:Nothing personal, my man. He's not playing over Marcus and Khyri. He's not gonna play over the Ronnie Harrell we saw at the end of the year. I'd be willing to bet one of either (if it both) of Mitch and TyShon will get decent minutes.

I don't think I've implied he''s playing over Marcus and Khyri. I'm just saying he will play minutes. Maybe 10 minutes max per game. Also, I think either of the two recruits will redshirt next season..it might be Tyshon to me.

My money is on him finding a role this season. He's got good size, athleticism, a good stroke and a bit of an edge to him that we need on this team. We all tend to fall in love with stellar high school players and forget that 18 - 19 year old kids have a lot of maturing to do both physically and mentally.

You saw that in the ku v ou game last night with Josh Jackson, someday he'll be a great NBA player, but KU got out worked by a physical veteran team. I think you'll see a different Kobe next season that understands the game better and uses his skill set. I can easily see 10 minutes for him next year.
Ethanfor3

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Are Marcus, Khyri, & Toby the "guys Mac trusts"? Does anyone fit that bill for next season? TIt's past due time on playing to win, not merely playing who we "trust". Jays went from 18-1 in mid January to finish 25-10 in March. Poor finish of 5-7 regular season and 7-9 overall (2-1 BET, 0-1 NCAA). The team can do better...The question is, can the coaching staff?

Davion Mintz - PG / Kaleb Joseph
Marcus Foster - SG / Ty-Shon / Mitch
Thomas - Wing/SF / Kobe / Mitch (Tugs)
Harrell - PF / Martin / Transfer or Blumbergs
Patton - C / Toby Hegner / Epperson

or the 4 guard/wing, 1 big lineups

Mintz -
Foster -
Thomas -
Bowen -
Patton or Hegner
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby JayPak » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:53 pm

When gtmo questions the staff instead of predicting a final four run next season, you know there are rumblings of discontent among the fanbase as a whole.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops