Marcus Foster

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby BostonBlueJay » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:25 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:
GoKobe wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:Hate to rain on anyone's parade... but I'd be willing to bet Kobes role isn't going to be much different than it was this year. He's not gonna get legit minutes, IMO.

Next year will be different.

Remember this post.

Nothing personal, my man. He's not playing over Marcus and Khyri. He's not gonna play over the Ronnie Harrell we saw at the end of the year. I'd be willing to bet one of either (if it both) of Mitch and TyShon will get decent minutes.

Not disagreeing with you, but it's funny to go over to the recruiting page and see all the "NICE!" and "kids gonna be awesome!" posts about, not only Kobe, but any/all newly signed recruits. Each one is seemingly always "next best thing" and then one year later? ...POOF! ...old news.

Still thinks he gets 2016-2017 Harrell-type minutes though. Those of the pre-BET Harrell minutes...where he'll play 4-6 minutes on average...occasional DNP and the game(s) he potentially "goes off", he'll get more.

At 6'6" (maybe even taller by next year), his height and shooting range will likely get him some time at SF/PF given we are thin in prototypical front court bodies (besides Hegner and Martin)
BostonBlueJay

Postby GoKobe » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:42 pm

I know this is about Foster returning but is Kobe 6'6 without shoes or with shoes? I mean, Harrell is obviously taller than Kobe...maybe 3 inch taller so there's no way Harrell is 6'7 if Kobe is indeed 6'6..
GoKobe

Postby BostonBlueJay » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:53 pm

GoKobe wrote:I know this is about Foster returning but is Kobe 6'6 without shoes or with shoes? I mean, Harrell is obviously taller than Kobe...maybe 3 inch taller so there's no way Harrell is 6'7 if Kobe is indeed 6'6..

I would have thought that you, above anyone else, would know Kobe's height... with shoes or without. ;)
BostonBlueJay

Postby GoKobe » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:56 pm

BostonBlueJay wrote:
GoKobe wrote:I know this is about Foster returning but is Kobe 6'6 without shoes or with shoes? I mean, Harrell is obviously taller than Kobe...maybe 3 inch taller so there's no way Harrell is 6'7 if Kobe is indeed 6'6..

I would have thought that you, above anyone else, would know Kobe's height... with shoes or without. ;)

common man...I'm not related to Kobe nor friends with him . Just a supporter here.
GoKobe

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:02 am

GoKobe wrote:
BostonBlueJay wrote:

common man...I'm not related to Kobe nor friends with him . Just a supporter here.

just trying to dampen your enthusiasm GoKobe, I've seen a lot of talented players the past couple of years not get the minutes I've wanted them to get, most notably one of the most talented guards Cu has ever had, Malik Albert, who was benched and stuffed behind other less talented players who kissed the coaches asses better. I hate kiss asses more than anything and unfortunately we have a coaching staff who prefers ass-kissers over basketball players.
whiteandblue77

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:04 am

whiteandblue77 wrote:

. . . I've seen a lot of talented players the past couple of years not get the minutes I've wanted them to get, most notably one of the most talented guards Cu has ever had, Malik Albert . . .

Malik was "one of the most talented guards" EVER? Interesting.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby mannygakou » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:05 am

whiteandblue77 wrote:
just trying to dampen your enthusiasm GoKobe, I've seen a lot of talented players the past couple of years not get the minutes I've wanted them to get, most notably one of the most talented guards Cu has ever had, Malik Albert, who was benched and stuffed behind other less talented players who kissed the coaches asses better. I hate kiss asses more than anything and unfortunately we have a coaching staff who prefers ass-kissers over basketball players.

mannygakou

Postby FiveStar1999 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:41 am

I would have thought that you, above anyone else, would know Kobe's height... with shoes or without. ;)[/quote]

common man...I'm not related to Kobe nor friends with him . Just a supporter here.[/quote]

just trying to dampen your enthusiasm GoKobe, I've seen a lot of talented players the past couple of years not get the minutes I've wanted them to get, most notably one of the most talented guards Cu has ever had, Malik Albert, who was benched and stuffed behind other less talented players who kissed the coaches asses better. I hate kiss asses more than anything and unfortunately we have a coaching staff who prefers ass-kissers over basketball players.[/quote]

I think this is the same guy that thought the offense flowed better with Tyler Clement
FiveStar1999

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:53 am

Lonzo Ball's dad was better at basketball than Charles Barkley and Malik Albert is one of the most talented guards in Creighton history. These are just facts.
vivid_dude

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops