Rumor: D-Rock to Drake?

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Rumor: D-Rock to Drake?

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Rumor on the Drake board is that D-rock will be their next coach. Who knows yesterday he was't in the final three.
fritzpointer
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 pm

 

Re: Rumor

Postby slaw » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:54 pm

fritzpointer wrote:Rumor on the Drake board is that D-rock will be their next coach. Who knows yesterday he was't in the final three.


I am shocked....... :shock:





















... that there's a Drake board.
User avatar
slaw
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:11 pm

Re: Rumor

Postby hilltopalum » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:57 pm

User avatar
hilltopalum
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:42 am

Re: Rumor

Postby Realhoops » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:06 pm

For HIS sake I hope this isn't true. If he's ready for a head gig, he can find something vastly better than that dumpster fire.

And it's hilarious to me that so many on their board think they deserve much better than DRock. One of them even said that they think he should have to pay them to let him coach their team. That's Drake -- D+ forever.
_________________
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then ... I contradict myself.
I am large ... I contain multitudes.
--Walt Whitman
User avatar
Realhoops
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:10 am
Location: In your head.

Re: Rumor

Postby Jays26 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:09 pm

WOW!!! I can't believe this is true.....






Not that DRock may go to Drake but that Drake has a message board. :o :o :o
User avatar
Jays26
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: Rumor

Postby hilltopalum » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Realhoops wrote:If he's ready for a head gig, he can find something vastly better than that dumpster fire.



I love D-Rock and like all Jays fans want nothing but the best for him, but I do not understand this sentiment. D-Rock's been a great assistant for a program that's been good in the Valley and Big East. Creighton's coaching tree is not Duke, UNC or Villanova level. That said one of Nova's top assistant's is going to take over for Qunnipiac (10-21), the 8th team in the MAAC! I'd would argue getting you initial HC gig in the Valley is pretty good. Yea Drake's got problems, but its not like D-Rock was going to walk into a UNI, Oral Roberts, or a job that's vastly better than Drake. Des Moines is a nice city, Iowa's got talent you can get to compete in the Valley and D-Rock knows how to establish a culture of success. I think they'd be lucky to have him and he'd be lucky to get them.
User avatar
hilltopalum
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:42 am

Re: Rumor

Postby jays911 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:33 pm

hilltopalum wrote:
Realhoops wrote:If he's ready for a head gig, he can find something vastly better than that dumpster fire.



I love D-Rock and like all Jays fans want nothing but the best for him, but I do not understand this sentiment. D-Rock's been a great assistant for a program that's been good in the Valley and Big East. Creighton's coaching tree is not Duke, UNC or Villanova level. That said one of Nova's top assistant's is going to take over for Qunnipiac (10-21), the 8th team in the MAAC! I'd would argue getting you initial HC gig in the Valley is pretty good. Yea Drake's got problems, but its not like D-Rock was going to walk into a UNI, Oral Roberts, or a job that's vastly better than Drake. Des Moines is a nice city, Iowa's got talent you can get to compete in the Valley and D-Rock knows how to establish a culture of success. I think they'd be lucky to have him and he'd be lucky to get them.


+1
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:47 am

Re: Rumor

Postby Easypaddy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Wow Drake.....














.... Who knew they had a message board!!
Easypaddy
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Rumor

Postby CURx » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:33 pm

I think it is a good move for both Drake and Devries. He understands the league, knows his way around Iowa recruiting, has some major coaching exposure with our run through the Big East, and is in a place that can win (Emenecker sp.? years) and be supported when they are successful. He just needs to have some time to shake it up. Good luck to him.
CURx
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Rumor

Postby CU Final Four » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:34 pm

If he goes, hope it works for D Rock but it is the toughest job in the MVC.

SD coach Craig Smith in the mix; former Corn assistant.
AMDG
User avatar
CU Final Four
 
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:28 am
Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Next

Return to Men's Hoops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests