Rumor: D-Rock to Drake?

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Rumor: D-Rock to Drake?

Postby Old MVC Days » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:28 am

I don't get it. He had two winning seasons as a head coach. Two CIT appearances. That's it.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby Jet915 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:35 am

Old MVC Days wrote:I don't get it. He had two winning seasons as a head coach. Two CIT appearances. That's it.

It's Drake, they probably wanted someone with head coaching experience and that's the best they could do...
Jet915

Postby Realhoops » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:43 am

Jet915 wrote:
Old MVC Days wrote:I don't get it. He had two winning seasons as a head coach. Two CIT appearances. That's it.

It's Drake, they probably wanted someone with head coaching experience and that's the best they could do...

But they certainly didn't want someone like DRock without some bonafide head coaching experience.

PLUS, this guy has the Tim Miles seal of approval, so . . .
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby JayPak » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:38 pm

It's correct that Drake decided they must have head coaching experience. They looked more at how Medved turned around a floundering program at Furman than at his postseason record. The immediate goal at Drake is simply to avoid the MVC play-in game, a game they've been in for 9 of the past 10 years.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:28 pm

JayPak wrote:It's correct that Drake decided they must have head coaching experience. They looked more at how Medved turned around a floundering program at Furman than at his postseason record. The immediate goal at Drake is simply to avoid the MVC play-in game, a game they've been in for 9 of the past 10 years.

I think they need someone from the area who can recruit the Iowa/Nebraska/Missouri/Illinois/Minnesota/SD/Kansas area and pick up the guys who fall between the cracks a bit.

Tough job for anyone, but Medved does have some ties to the area and has already gone through one rebuilding project with Furman.
Chicagojayfan

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops