Rumor: D-Rock to Drake?

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Rumor: D-Rock to Drake?

Postby Dundee Hipster » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:44 am

I don't want to make it a war against Bluejay Banter, but... they suck.

They hammered Matty P for having a pay for board and what do they do? Do the same freaking thing.

Maybe not exactly, b/c Perrault did destroy the BJC, but it's similar. I feel like they've given up and changed.
Dundee Hipster

Postby HandDownManDown » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:16 am

There's a huge difference between Perrault and the BJB board. Plus, it's unashamedly a business, and a lot of the stuff posted is stuff that in no way should show up on a public board. The staff shares things with them that they then share with their subscribers that I would never release if I was Mac.

I will say that when it comes to their opinions on things, they're more like fans than media, because true media types can make all the same points without the histrionics.
HandDownManDown

Postby ictjay » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:21 am

CU Final Four wrote:When Heath constantly complains about the refs he reminds me of Kent Pavelka and Matt Davidson. To hear those two, UNL would win 20 per year but for the uniformly bad and biased refs. And they need to drop the "worst call of the game" feature in the post-game.

Heath needs to adhere to the 10 second rule before he hits "send" with his tweets. Dude needs to think a little more first.
ictjay

Postby Easypaddy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:00 am

Dundee Hipster wrote:I don't want to make it a war against Bluejay Banter, but... they suck.

They hammered Matty P for having a pay for board and what do they do? Do the same freaking thing.

Maybe not exactly, b/c Perrault did destroy the BJC, but it's similar. I feel like they've given up and changed.

Actually, they're good.
Easypaddy

Postby Old MVC Days » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:02 am

HandDownManDown wrote: lot of the stuff posted is stuff that in no way should show up on a public board. The staff shares things with them that they then share with their subscribers that I would never release if I was Mac.

Making a sales pitch are we?
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby Altman's Advisor » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:10 am

Holy shit, what happened to this thread?

BJB guys had the same motivation as WBR, passionate followers of Creighton who saw an opportunity to provide the fanbase more coverage. Do we go about offering that in different ways? Yes. But there is room for both to exist in the same world, and both provided useful information to their followers. Let's not draw battle lines here.
Altman's Advisor

Postby Panhandle Jay » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:15 am

Altman's Advisor wrote:Let's not draw battle lines here.

A live look at White & Blue Review followers and Bluejay Banter followers in Memorial Park.

NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 20
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby HandDownManDown » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:24 am

Old MVC Days wrote:
HandDownManDown wrote: lot of the stuff posted is stuff that in no way should show up on a public board. The staff shares things with them that they then share with their subscribers that I would never release if I was Mac.

I'm telling both sides of it. Anyone who has subscribed (I'm currently not but will eventually return) would say the same.

And frankly, Tim hates me for telling him point blank that his antics make me (and others) refuse to listen to his show, so no, I'm not getting anything from this, you can be sure of that.
HandDownManDown

Postby mredle » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Dundee Hipster wrote:I don't want to make it a war against Bluejay Banter, but... they suck.

I love Bluejay Banter and I love Bluejay Underground. Why do you have to be such an asshole?
mredle

Postby Old MVC Days » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:34 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:
Old MVC Days wrote:

I'm telling both sides of it. Anyone who has subscribed (I'm currently not but will eventually return) would say the same.

And frankly, Tim hates me for telling him point blank that his antics make me (and others) refuse to listen to his show, so no, I'm not getting anything from this, you can be sure of that.

It was in jest because what you said honestly makes me want to subscribe lol.

And if you see Tim and them, please tell them to stop being so self loathing and negative.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops