cujaysfan

Re: JT III out

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:59 pm

And Kevin Keats went to NCST...
Creighton 18'
bluejayfan00

Postby JayPak » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:19 pm

I'm hearing a lot of chatter that the reason Winthrop's HC Pat Kelsey pulled an Altman on Massachusetts was because...
Chris Mack to Indiana and Kelsey to Xavier.

GG is not in any way going to G-town. He's not going anywhere this year. He has a top 10 team returning and his daughter (youngest child) is entering her senior year of high school. Next year will be prime time for him to leave, but with Shox entering the AAC after next season, who knows? $3M+ per annum and the AAC isn't a bad gig. If he ever leaves, there is one job and one job alone that I see as a perfect fit for GG - Kentucky.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby cufan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:26 pm

JayPak wrote:I'm hearing a lot of chatter that the reason Winthrop's HC Pat Kelsey pulled an Altman on Massachusetts was because...
Chris Mack to Indiana and Kelsey to Xavier.

GG is not in any way going to G-town. He's not going anywhere this year. He has a top 10 team returning and his daughter (youngest child) is entering her senior year of high school. Next year will be prime time for him to leave, but with Shox entering the AAC after next season, who knows? $3M+ per annum and the AAC isn't a bad gig. If he ever leaves, there is one job and one job alone that I see as a perfect fit for GG - Kentucky.

If i am Indiana I hope i can do better than Chris Mack. Indiana is a top 10 job. Anyways, isn't Alford considered to be essentially a done deal there?
cufan

Postby JayPak » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:30 pm

And Mack is easily a top ten coach, out of those who would be willing to move. He's also a geographic fit.
He's got 4 Sweet Sixteens and 7 tourney appearances in 8 seasons!
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby BostonBlueJay » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:33 pm

whiteandblue77 wrote:Casual Hoya Has 10 Picked out:

Will Wade - Only 33 years old but already at his 2nd head coaching stop at VCU. Shaka Smart coaching tree and has had success at Chattanooga and his first year at VCU.

Will Wade was just hired by LSU
BostonBlueJay

Postby slaw » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:42 pm

BRIAN PHISH
slaw

Postby LJay » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:40 pm

The Altman:

77 - 62
LJay

Postby LynchMob » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:04 pm

And Mack is easily a top ten coach, out of those who would be willing to move. He's also a geographic fit.

Don't be so sure he's looking to move. He's a Cincinnati kid, a Xavier alum, well-compensated, and going deep into tournaments. I'm sure he could be tempted, but I hope he would hold out for something better than used-to-be-good Indiana.

Not sure Indiana is a top ten job right now, seems to be a coach killer. Are kids today dying to get to Indiana? They haven't made it past the Sweet Sixteen since 2002.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops