2020 NCAA Tournament First/Second Round

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

2020 NCAA Tournament First/Second Round

Postby taa71458 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:14 pm

Creighton hosting:

On a side note, Drake got a 2019 bid. Consider me shocked they could put that together.
taa71458

Re: 2020 NCAA Tournament First/Second Round

Postby bluejaydano » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Didn't Des Moines/Drake host 2 or 3 years ago? If I remember correctly, there were lots of complaints about the site/city.
bluejaydano

Postby JaysWinJaysWin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Showing some love for Omaha. MSG of the West. The Garden in the Plains. Uh, the Clink?
JaysWinJaysWin

Postby flixx » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Husker volleyball hosting again at CenturyLink....why not CU volleyball?...just wondering
flixx

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:19 pm

might just be that it's a ton of work and from what i've heard - really taxes the athletic dept staff

we're already hosting the CWS every year - that plus the occasional hoops regional might be enough
cujaysfan

Postby Polyfro » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:30 pm

bluejaydano wrote:Didn't Des Moines/Drake host 2 or 3 years ago? If I remember correctly, there were lots of complaints about the site/city.

Des Moines hosted in 2016, but Iowa State was the host school. I'm guessing they're thrilled Drake organized the bid this time around; the Clones would be eligible to be sent to Des Moines now since they're not hosting.

And yes, the reviews I heard from their first go-round were almost universally negative or, at best, "meh." Mildly surprised they got a second bid this quickly, but good for them I guess. And good for us perhaps too, as D.M. is an easy road trip for Creighton fans! Can you imagine the crowd if CU got sent to a pod in Des Moines?

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/ ... 305417001/
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby cufan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 am

flixx wrote:Husker volleyball hosting again at CenturyLink....why not CU volleyball?...just wondering

one is a national powerhouse program with a national championship in the very recent past, and the other is a nice, upshot program with little weight to throw around.
cufan

Postby CURx » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:38 am

cufan wrote:
flixx wrote:Husker volleyball hosting again at CenturyLink....why not CU volleyball?...just wondering

one is a national powerhouse program with a national championship in the very recent past, and the other is a nice, upshot program with little weight to throw around.

I think that has very little to do with host schools. As alluded to earlier, it is more likely that CU chooses not to host that event particularly in 2020 as they CU Athletics Administration is already going to be taxed by running the Men's Basketball event.
CURx

Postby Altman's Advisor » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:30 am

Because the entire athletic department would hand in their resignations if you told them they had to host two NCAA Tournaments and the College World Series. There is an unreal amount of work that goes into this stuff, on top of their regular duties throughout the year. Especially for someone like Rob Anderson who happens to be the contact for both men's basketball and volleyball. He'd walk straight into oncoming traffic.
Altman's Advisor

Postby FlyByNight101 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Altman's Advisor wrote:

Because the entire athletic department would hand in their resignations if you told them they had to host two NCAA Tournaments and the College World Series. There is an unreal amount of work that goes into this stuff, on top of their regular duties throughout the year. Especially for someone like Rob Anderson who happens to be the contact for both men's basketball and volleyball. He'd walk straight into oncoming traffic.

...in the process of which he will share immense amounts of knowledge about said traffic.
FlyByNight101

Return to Men's Hoops