Kobe Paras transferring

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Kobe Paras transferring

Postby GoKobe » Mon May 01, 2017 5:10 pm

Some guys just simply don't get what I mean. Credit to Outlaw_Wales for explaining yet others still continue to give their opinions. Like I said, they had to play Foster, Taz and Z over Kobe. It's very simple to understand no playing really for Kobe yet they still recruited him. Kobe didn't get a chance to develop on the court. Congrats to Patton for the NBA draft combine invitation. Kobe will join him someday and hopefully become teammates one day.

This is also good bye to the guys that I have chatted here. It has been an amazing journey to follow our ...yeah 'national hero'. I'm sure he knows what he needs to work on now to be successful.

Go Kobe!
GoKobe

Postby ZMagic30 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:14 am

Well then
ZMagic30

Postby whiteandblue77 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:24 am

Thanks GoKobe we'll be rooting for Mr. Paras forever, as he's forever a Jay.
whiteandblue77

Postby CJayS » Tue May 02, 2017 5:29 pm

It's unfortunate that Kobe is transferring. I think he could have contributed a lot his Junior and Senior seasons. However, I understand that is not the way kids are wired these days. They expect to play now and don't want to wait their turn like players used to. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes because he seems like a great kid that represents himself and school with class.
I also think that a transfer like this shows how far CU has come. It wasn't too long ago that he quite possibly could have started or at least been the 6th man, as a Freshman. I like the fact that the staff is working hard to get in the homes of top players such as Tugs. I think next season is a somewhat pivotal one for Mac and his staff. If they can stay near the top of the BE and finally get over the hump and make it to the second week of the NCAA tourney, that will add to the perception of the program being on the rise which can help with recruiting.
CJayS

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:40 pm

Expectations is 2nd weekend next year? After losing Wop,JP, Cole, Zach, and Z? Eh. I think that was the goal this year. That "get over the hump season" was supposed to be this year. The longer it doesn't happen, the more it looms over the program. When it happens, then we can forget about doing it for the first time, and hope for it to happen every year.
Creighton 18'
bluejayfan00

Postby LynchMob » Tue May 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Easypaddy wrote: It has now happened a few times that a player we recruited sits on the bench (no redshirt) for one year and then transfers. It is unfortunate.

It's happening everywhere all around college basketball; there are more transfers than there are teams. We are pushing towards a 2-to-1 ratio.

Blame the coaches or the kids or whoever, but it's clear that for whatever reason, CBB players won't accept anything but starting as a freshman.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby slaw » Tue May 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Any idea on the grad transfers we 'passed on' as mentioned by Coach on Bluejay Banter? Passed on or maybe didn't go after b/c of the roster crunch?
slaw

Postby mredle » Wed May 03, 2017 9:07 am

slaw wrote:Any idea on the grad transfers we 'passed on' as mentioned by Coach on Bluejay Banter? Passed on or maybe didn't go after b/c of the roster crunch?

This is confusing to me because we were all over Donnall.
mredle

Postby AttyAlum » Wed May 03, 2017 9:09 am

mredle wrote:
slaw wrote:Any idea on the grad transfers we 'passed on' as mentioned by Coach on Bluejay Banter? Passed on or maybe didn't go after b/c of the roster crunch?

Coach specifically said "at that position". Donnal is a big; Kobe is a wing.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby mredle » Wed May 03, 2017 9:54 am

AttyAlum wrote:
mredle wrote:

Coach specifically said "at that position". Donnal is a big; Kobe is a wing.

Even more confusing given that we have Foster, Thomas, Harrell, Alexander, Ballock already, are pursuing Bowen and prior to Kobe announcing he was transferring we were pursuing Jarreau. Granted Jarreau is listed as a point guard but he is a shooting point guard. That is 7 players that can play that position, 2 of which are publicly being pursued while we have 0 centers.
mredle

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops