Kaleb Joseph

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Kaleb Joseph

Postby Angry Dan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Also, Why no Manny Suarez? He could have bruised Delgado....”a nice piledrive to the face, a punch to the face”......Nacho Libre style

We should let Manny play with one of those wrestling masks, for intimidation purposes, like Nacho Libre
Angry Dan

Postby section221jay » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:52 pm

SDJay wrote:Mac specifically commented in the USC-Upstate post-game interview that the trainers were only recommending short periods of court time for him.

sounds odd.
section221jay

Postby go_jays » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:22 pm

Have no idea of the severity of Joseph's Hammie injury. But here's a guide from an internet article... and of course, the internet is the truth. So, with that caveat, here it is...

Hamstring Strain Recovery Times
While every hamstring injury and the demands of your sport differ, here are some general hamstring strain recovery times when you follow an optimal physiotherapist-guided rehabilitation program.

Grade 1 - 1 to 3 weeks

Grade 2 - 4 to 8 weeks

Grade 3 - 3 to 6 months. These may also require surgery.

For more information, please ask the advice of your physiotherapist.
go_jays

Postby shadow » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:24 am

After listening how coy the coaches are when asked why he isn't playing albeit his stints have been impressive when inserted and word has been he frequently is the top performer in practice, is it possible they know hamstrings just don't heal without VERY
lengthy rest and INTEND to MEDICAL red shirt him but for some unknown reason do want to divulge presently ?
shadow

Postby cu8493 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:28 am

He could play in 4 or 5 more games I think but none after midpoint of season. So a decision doesn't have to be made yet and they can keep him available just in case they really need him in the next several games. Otherwise, save him for next season and hopefully whatever the issue is heals 100%. If something should happen to DM or TA after midpoint, I guess they can have a conversation then whether to try to use him or if it's best for him to just wait till next year and use Tyler.
cu8493

Postby cujaysfan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:39 am

i don't think any 6th year RS is any sort of automatic deal

i doubt that is any part of the equation

he just needs to get healthy and be able to practice

it's probably too late for him to crack the rotation unless DM and TSA fall to pieces
cujaysfan

Postby section221jay » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:02 pm

they obviously don't plan to medical him at this point.

And if the hammy needed rest he wouldn't get garbage minutes. He either isn't getting it done in practice or he is in a doghouse. I haven't seen him play once yet without being impressed. But those minutes are garbage time so it's hard to say really.
section221jay

Postby Trifecta » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:03 pm

Nothing confirmed of course, but I've heard he's having a hard time picking up the offense and running it to Mac's expectation. The physical tools are all clearly there, but we know from the Tyler Clement experiment last year after Mo went down...Mac trust guys that know the offense, regardless of physical skills.
Trifecta

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:59 pm

He's missed a lot of practice time because of injuries, and Davion and Ty-Shon are getting the job done. So Kaleb's third in line during games. And he's logging most of his practice time with the scout squad. Move Ty-Shon to a wing and cut minutes for Khyri, Marcus and Mitch?

Should Mac see it as a priority that Kaleb plays more? So more scout squad time for Davion and Ty-Shon and less game time? Or do you stick with the guys who have us No. 4 in the country in assist/turnover ratio?

I think Kaleb might be the most talented PG of the three, absolutely would love to see him more. But I understand the process that has him in the position he is.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Jaybird » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:37 pm

Joseph stands 11th in minutes. Based on what we've seen of him so far, he has to be the best 11th man in college basketball.
Jaybird

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops