2017-2018 Season

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2017-2018 Season

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:40 pm

upon further review - maybe we got a little help with the way the schedule setup as far as integrating JE into the lineup

decision was made after @SJU - so a tues to sat practice time against a beatable Gtown

then four whole days off til @Nova - which - if we're honest - we probably aren't beating either way

after that - almost an entire week off for a winnable @Depaul game

fairly quick turnaround for a home tilt with X - which is still a bit of a coin flip - but i think we feel better about our chances w Jacob than without him at this point

which slides into body bag game against bemidji to keep us sharp

but truly it's another week off for all practical purposes until the game that really matters home against Marquette - i think we need to sweep them

so - three weeksish to integrate JE into the lineup and get him up to speed as much as we can

Martin injury aside - it's about all you could hope for mid-season for this kind of thing
cujaysfan

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:53 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Agree that improvement from the 3 freshmen is key to the rest of the season. I also haven't given up on the idea that Kaleb and Manny will have a meaningful contribution at some point. (Not starting, not rotational, just that there will be a game where they're needed and they deliver.)

Kaleb's turn.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby bluejayfan00 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:49 am

New bracketology has us as a 6 in Dallas playing a dangerous New Mexico St team, with 3 seed Auburn waiting. I would not mind having Auburn be the team in our way with a chance at a S16 on the line
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
Creighton 18'
bluejayfan00

Postby Panhandle Jay » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:50 am

Mintz plays well in stretches but then has a 10-minute dud every game. Cannot have that. I agree with Atty that the PG play is the worst I can remember in the last 20 years.

If Joseph played 20+ minutes would he be any better than Mintz? Nobody knows for sure but you don't know until you try it. Alexander has done nothing but regressive in the PG spot. That isn't his best position.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 20
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby drbluejay » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:22 pm

Panhandle Jay wrote:Mintz plays well in stretches but then has a 10-minute dud every game. Cannot have that. I agree with Atty that the PG play is the worst I can remember in the last 20 years.

If Joseph played 20+ minutes would he be any better than Mintz? Nobody knows for sure but you don't know until you try it. Alexander has done nothing but regressive in the PG spot. That isn't his best position.

My money is still on Joseph to start or at least play a lot of minutes before season's end.
I think Clement is better than most people think he is. I like Clements as he is dependable running the offense and doesn't make silly mistakes. He knows his role on the team and gets it done.
drbluejay

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:31 pm

There’s obviously something more going on behind the scenes with Joseph. The coaching staff has already made one entirely unexpected decision this year with pulling Epperson’s RS. I think it’s about time to stop expecting Joseph to step in and take any minutes this season.
ZMagic30

Postby Jays26 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm

My money is still on Joseph to start or at least play a lot of minutes before season's end.

Ok, I'll take your money, how much do you want to lose?
Jays26

Postby ictjay » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:34 pm

Jays26 wrote:

Ok, I'll take your money, how much do you want to lose?

Joseph plays like his hair is on fire. Haven't seen any evidence of him having the ability to get the offense in motion.
ictjay

Postby JayPak » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:17 pm

drbluejay wrote:I like Clements as he is dependable running the offense and doesn't make silly mistakes.

Clement runs the offense but does make silly mistakes, i.e. whenever he has a small amount of success shooting, he quickly gets shot happy and takes ill-advised shots. Last night was a perfect example. His two makes were wide open and within the flow of the offense. Then he jacks up two quick ones that were partially contested and from worse angles.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Nova puts their rep on the line and takes Quinerly! Will such a risky move damage their reputation and status? Will taking a pay for play recruit hurt team chemistry? Will Coach Wright's rep take big hits? Can Quinerly regain eligibility or will Nova's gamble fail? Is this a win at all costs bid by Jay? We shall see...

After all this is a program we are trying to emulate.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops