2017-2018 Season

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2017-2018 Season

Postby KenoshaJay » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:50 pm

Jaybird wrote:Not just Mitch. Mark Adams and Mitch. I thought I'd fallen through a time warp for a second. I miss Mitch. I don't miss Mark.

Is Marquette playing on campus? That looks like a nice little arena for a backup home court. Can't they still use the Bradley Center? I wonder how it'd go if we ever tried to play an NIT game at Sokol.

AL Mcguire Center on campus. Women's basketball and volleyball play there. Sold out tonight. Every seat is good.
KenoshaJay

Postby Jaybird » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Marquette and my old safety school are going a little long. I hope nebraska has already tipped, just to piss off their fans a little more. I want to see that knife get twisted every way possible.

Tournament Timmy's usually good for a T. Hope he doesn't let us down. Good thing this one's on TV, so he'll be able to watch the end of it from the locker room, as is his habit.
Jaybird

Postby taa71458 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Jaybird wrote:Marquette and my old safety school are going a little long. I hope nebraska has already tipped, just to piss off their fans a little more. I want to see that knife get twisted every way possible.

Tournament Timmy's usually good for a T. Hope he doesn't let us down. Good thing this one's on TV, so he'll be able to watch the end of it from the locker room, as is his habit.

Fun fact of the day: Tim Miles was ejected from the last post season game he coached in. Doug McDermott still played for Creighton at the time.
taa71458

Postby Jaybird » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 pm

Here's another one: Tournament Timmy has been a Division 1 head coach for 14 seasons. He's never won a postseason invitational game. Not a single one in fourteen years. Not. One. Damn. Game.

You almost have to admire that kind of unblemished record, that devotion to consistency. And, as a bonus, after tonight, there's no rush to update his Wikipedia page (even though tonight's faceplant should get some sort of asterisk, since we all know this one's on Ras. It's entirely his fault).
Jaybird

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:49 am

in a just how fragile it all can be

Pitt - who had long been a solid program under ben howland and jamie dixon (although may have stagnated a bit sort of like post pig sooie DA)

made a disastrous hire in kevin stallings - who finished his 2 seasons there by going winless in the ACC and was fired few days ago

today - 8 of their remaining players asked for release to transfer
cujaysfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:57 pm

cujaysfan wrote:in a just how fragile it all can be

Pitt - who had long been a solid program under ben howland and jamie dixon (although may have stagnated a bit sort of like post pig sooie DA)

made a disastrous hire in kevin stallings - who finished his 2 seasons there by going winless in the ACC and was fired few days ago

today - 8 of their remaining players asked for release to transfer

couple of articles say Stallings was well liked by his team, here's one.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ing-change
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby JayPak » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:37 am

Stallings has never been a good coach in terms of W/L results, but in fairness he started with a totally empty cupboard and got two years.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby RVB » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:56 pm

RVB

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops