Summer League

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Summer League

Postby wildjays » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:05 pm

mredle wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:
mredle wrote:Is there a summer league this year? I heard Creighton players may not play this year. Is that right? If it's not, how have players looked? Is it true that the Trump Administration crackdown on leaked information is starting with Summer League?



Nope. They canceled summer league entirely this year. All of those posts on the last couple of pages talking about how Creighton players have looked (and the one IMMEDIATELY BEFORE YOURS talking about KT), the twitter posts and videos of Creighton players, and the W&BR reviews of summer league action by Creighton players are all just fake news.


Not to get too technical here but here is the summary by page:
Page 1 Pre-start of league play
Page 2 Pre-start of league play and solicitation of what areas should be covered
Page 3 Session 1 GREAT COVERAGE
Page 4 Session 1 continued and pre-session 2
Page 5 Missed session 2 because of CWS Khyri Great, Davion really good even without wisdom teeth
Page 6 Session 3 Martin played well (6/29) skip to 7/11 ictjay: out of town people wonder how players look
Jus sayin


Dude, you are welcome to make the trip to the Iowa West Field House and post back a report to the message board. The facility isn't the issue, crowds are still large, people just don't seem to want to post any observations on here or Twitter and expect all the "usuals" to do it all.

I usually do a ton of coverage of Summer league and get everything up on WBR but I am literally out of time this summer and with some of the regulars, there is just a lot going on that they can't be at all things all the time. And remember people do this for free while trying to do regular jobs and raise a family. Bitch all you want but I know I'm not in a position to make a living on this, but do it because of the passion for the program. Step it up yourself before complaining.
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
User avatar
wildjays
 
Posts: 1800
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:05 am

 

Re: Summer League

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Wildjays with the post of the year. Thanks for all you do. Go Jays!
fritzpointer
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Summer League

Postby mel ott » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:47 am

fritzpointer wrote:Wildjays with the post of the year. Thanks for all you do. Go Jays!


+1
User avatar
mel ott
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 am

Re: Summer League

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:53 am

I wanted to attend most the games this summer, as this is the first summer I've been in Omaha in two years. But, life happens, sometimes your dog suffers from a slipped disc and has to be rushed to KC for surgery...in short, we all have reasons to not be able to go to the games. Complaints about a lack of coverage of a metro league, where they're putting non-basketball players on the court to fill rosters, are simply petty, and they fall on deaf ears.
Jaysker12
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Summer League

Postby blueblood » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:56 am

Jaysker12 wrote:I wanted to attend most the games this summer, as this is the first summer I've been in Omaha in two years. But, life happens, sometimes your dog suffers from a slipped disc and has to be rushed to KC for surgery...in short, we all have reasons to not be able to go to the games. Complaints about a lack of coverage of a metro league, where they're putting non-basketball players on the court to fill rosters, are simply petty, and they fall on deaf ears.



Maybe if you'd quit kicking your dog when you get pissed of you'd have more time.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
User avatar
blueblood
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:36 am

Re: Summer League

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:45 pm

blueblood wrote:
Jaysker12 wrote:I wanted to attend most the games this summer, as this is the first summer I've been in Omaha in two years. But, life happens, sometimes your dog suffers from a slipped disc and has to be rushed to KC for surgery...in short, we all have reasons to not be able to go to the games. Complaints about a lack of coverage of a metro league, where they're putting non-basketball players on the court to fill rosters, are simply petty, and they fall on deaf ears.



Maybe if you'd quit kicking your dog when you get pissed of you'd have more time.


wow, uh...alright...
Jaysker12
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Summer League

Postby blueblood » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:51 pm

OK so maybe your dog just "fell down the stairs on accident?" Get your ass over there and cover this shit. Jesus H, Priorities.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
User avatar
blueblood
 
Posts: 2452
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:36 am

Re: Summer League

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:18 pm

How's @colehoops doing in the Summer League (NBA)?
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
User avatar
gtmoBlue
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Canal Zone, Panama

Re: Summer League

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:50 am

gtmoBlue wrote:How's @colehoops doing in the Summer League (NBA)?

5 pts and 5 rebs in 17 minutes in Toronto's loss last night.
User avatar
Wizard of Westroads
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:36 am

Re: Summer League

Postby mredle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:How's @colehoops doing in the Summer League (NBA)?

5 pts and 5 rebs in 17 minutes in Toronto's loss last night.


Unfortunately he went something like 2 for 10 or 11. If they were good shots that may not hurt him that badly.
mredle
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests