Ballock

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Ballock

Postby fritzpointer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Has anyone considered that we had 3 Srs. and a Jr. who were all a shell of what they could do because of injuries?
fritzpointer

Postby ictjay » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:54 pm

go_jays wrote:I'm kinda with you... but I am curious as to why you think he was unprepared... because the coaches didn't properly prepare him... because he didn't put in the work to prepare... or because he just doesn't have the skill or mindset to be a PG? There can be a lot of reasons why someone comes into a situation unprepared.

Not laying in ambush for you... Just really curious as to what you, or anyone else for that matter that thinks the way you do, think is the reason.

Not trying to necessarily (or unnecessarily) stir the pot either... Although the question may do so. But that's what message boards are for, right?

Hoping this discussion stays civil and enlightening. 8-)

Go read the PG threads from last Feb/March. Hundreds and hundreds of thoughts.Time to move on.
ictjay

Postby drbluejay » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Enough about Mintz on the Ballock thread.
Let's talk about Ballock on this thread.
With that said, I am glad Ballock is being talked about as a possible PG or at least a Point Forward like Gibbs was used.
drbluejay

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:32 pm

We have a lot of wing players now And next season. I for 1, have no qualms with Ty-Shon & Mitch getting minutes as frosh. Having said that, I would suspect they will get a minimal amount of time, as the returnees will see the bulk of pt. IMHO the 2 frosh will make the best of the time given, as both appear "college ready" and we should see little drop off when they are playing. Eager to watch them play & learn. ;)
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby go_jays » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:16 pm

ictjay wrote:
go_jays wrote:I'm kinda with you... but I am curious as to why you think he was unprepared... because the coaches didn't properly prepare him... because he didn't put in the work to prepare... or because he just doesn't have the skill or mindset to be a PG? There can be a lot of reasons why someone comes into a situation unprepared.

Not laying in ambush for you... Just really curious as to what you, or anyone else for that matter that thinks the way you do, think is the reason.

Not trying to necessarily (or unnecessarily) stir the pot either... Although the question may do so. But that's what message boards are for, right?

Hoping this discussion stays civil and enlightening. 8-)

Go read the PG threads from last Feb/March. Hundreds and hundreds of thoughts.Time to move on.

As to why he was unprepared... I don't think so. Lots and lots of why he should or shouldn't have gotten more PT. But not why he was unprepared.

Question, Jerry... have you always been a bitter person... Or is this a recent development?
go_jays

Postby go_jays » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:18 pm

drbluejay wrote:Enough about Mintz on the Ballock thread.
With that said, I am glad Ballock is being talked about as a possible PG or at least a Point Forward like Gibbs was used.

Oh, ok. I didn't realize you ran this board now. Gotcha.
go_jays

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:12 pm

Why are you talking about Gibbs in a Ballock thread?
Outlaw_Wales

Postby jassman24 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:56 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:

Why are you talking about Gibbs in a Ballock thread?

HA thats exactly what I was thinking.
jassman24

Postby LJay » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:50 pm

I want to talk about the Greenie's dog treat ad banner that appears at the top of this page!
77 - 62
LJay

Postby Altman's Advisor » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Altman's Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops