Ballock

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Ballock

Postby Jaysker12 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:47 pm

i don't think ballock's playmaking ability would have become a talking point unless there was reason to believe that the coaches are still unsure of our options at point guard. my earlier post spells it out - davion showed better ability as a 2 than as a 1 (at least, from the staff's perspective). I figured kaleb would walk into the starting position this fall, then that KETV story broke a couple weeks ago saying that there was going to be competition for the spot. what does that say about kaleb? about davion? its mere speculation, but its not a shot in the dark to suggest that there's a lot of uncertainty around who will play the most minutes at point guard this coming season. that uncertainty is what spawned the talk about ballock at pg.
Jaysker12

Postby fritzpointer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:58 pm

or as Ballock has stated that Kaleb and Davion are both playing very well. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby ictjay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:38 am

I brought up the Gibbs comparison strictly for his court awareness. Some people are so flipping stupid.
Idea. Posters must use true identities (ala Twitter for most of us) to post. The BS would disappear immediately.
ictjay

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:55 am

Jaysker12 wrote:i don't think ballock's playmaking ability would have become a talking point unless there was reason to believe that the arm chaircoaches are still unsure of our options at point guard.

Fixed it for you.
TrueBlueJay

Postby ictjay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:
Jaysker12 wrote:i don't think ballock's playmaking ability would have become a talking point unless there was reason to believe that the arm chaircoaches are still unsure of our options at point guard.

Fixed it for you.

+1 funny stuff
ictjay

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:11 am

ictjay wrote:I brought up the Gibbs comparison strictly for his court awareness. Some people are so flipping stupid.
Idea. Posters must use true identities (ala Twitter for most of us) to post. The BS would disappear immediately.

Wow.

And others brought up Mintz because the discussion was about how much time Ballock might get at PG, whether Mac will play him more as a freshman when he didn't play amounts, etc. "drbluejay" complained about people talking about Mintz in the Ballock thread - and then in the same post brought up a Gibbs.

It was partly a joke and partly pointing out the irony of drbluejay's complaint/board policing. I thought that would be obvious to most people, but went ahead and directly quoted drbluejay and made the post a reply to his just to make it clearer. Never mentioned you or anything you had said.

But, yeah, some people are so flipping stupid.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Jaysker12 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:01 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:

Fixed it for you.

i respect matt demarinis's point of view and his opinion on these sorts of things...fine if you don't...sorry that we can only speculate based on reports that come from those close to the program. if you wanted to just hear what the coaches have to say, why would you participate on a board like this?
Jaysker12

Postby chairclanger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:03 pm

Mitch Ballock = Ryan Archdiacano 2.0
chairclanger

Postby KenoshaJay » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:39 am

chairclanger wrote:Mitch Ballock = Ryan Archdiacano 2.0

The Arch was Philly tough, but The Baller might be farm boy, Kansas savvy. Love the comparison, we can only hope......
KenoshaJay

Postby ictjay » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:02 am

Mitch has much more of a physical under the basket prescence than Arch.
ictjay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops