IMPORTANT: WBR Wants Your Help

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: IMPORTANT: WBR Wants Your Help

Postby jayball » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:06 pm

BUMP - There aren't nearly enough supporters for this yet. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteandbluereview/2016-17-creighton-bluejays-sports-yearbook

I contributed to the campaign because the content on WBR is the most absurdly good resources on Creighton Athletics anywhere. There is no way we could expect anything this good to be free. I would encourage anyone that posts on the board, anyone that reads fall sports coverage, Poyfro Primers, practice reports from DeMarinis, game recaps, in depth interviews or listens to podcasts to contribute.

surely you can afford $5/mo for this sort of high quality coverage of the Jays!!! If you can't do $5, surely you can do $2/month.

One other reason you should support WBR is that these are some really good human beings.

During Doug's senior year, my young son was hospitalized and having a rough time. I remember putting the Providence game on TV without sound. We were getting smoked and it seemed like things were going as well on the court as they were in our hospital room. Not a fun memory. A few days later, my son had rebounded and everything looked a whole lot brighter. Then the Wraggebomb game happened at Villanova. It was like the Jays wanted to help us celebrate. I can't fully explain how much fun it was to watch that game with my son in the hospital. After we got home I reached out to a member of WBR about getting a copy of the game film. Within a day or two, he sent me a DVD of the game, a Jays sticker and a WBR cozy. No charge. No fanfare. No questions. He just helped a fellow Jay fan out. I have gone back and watched that game a few times. I still get a little choked up watching it.

Thanks WBR. Thanks for the unparalleled coverage you provide of all Jays sports. Thanks for the top notch photos and design for everything you do. Thanks for providing all of it for free.

And from this Jays fan, thanks for being great people too.

Jayball
jayball

Postby KenoshaJay » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:13 pm

jayball wrote:BUMP - There aren't nearly enough supporters for this yet. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteandbluereview/2016-17-creighton-bluejays-sports-yearbook

I contributed to the campaign because the content on WBR is the most absurdly good resources on Creighton Athletics anywhere. There is no way we could expect anything this good to be free. I would encourage anyone that posts on the board, anyone that reads fall sports coverage, Poyfro Primers, practice reports from DeMarinis, game recaps, in depth interviews or listens to podcasts to contribute.

surely you can afford $5/mo for this sort of high quality coverage of the Jays!!! If you can't do $5, surely you can do $2/month.

One other reason you should support WBR is that these are some really good human beings.

During Doug's senior year, my young son was hospitalized and having a rough time. I remember putting the Providence game on TV without sound. We were getting smoked and it seemed like things were going as well on the court as they were in our hospital room. Not a fun memory. A few days later, my son had rebounded and everything looked a whole lot brighter. Then the Wraggebomb game happened at Villanova. It was like the Jays wanted to help us celebrate. I can't fully explain how much fun it was to watch that game with my son in the hospital. After we got home I reached out to a member of WBR about getting a copy of the game film. Within a day or two, he sent me a DVD of the game, a Jays sticker and a WBR cozy. No charge. No fanfare. No questions. He just helped a fellow Jay fan out. I have gone back and watched that game a few times. I still get a little choked up watching it.

Thanks WBR. Thanks for the unparalleled coverage you provide of all Jays sports. Thanks for the top notch photos and design for everything you do. Thanks for providing all of it for free.

And from this Jays fan, thanks for being great people too.

Jayball

Great post. Even better story!

Pass some $ WBR's direction.

Maybe we should all double up on our pledges?!?
KenoshaJay

Postby creightonotter » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:42 am

We're 11 days away from the deadline of our Kickstarter campaign. And we're SO CLOSE to reaching our goal!

We take pride in the detailed work we do at WBR, because we create it for you!

Please consider supporting our campaign, to help us bring you more unique content covering Creighton sports:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whiteandbluereview/2016-17-creighton-bluejays-sports-yearbook

Speak of the #11, let's take a quick look at the most famous #11 in Creighton hoops history, Johnny Mathies: http://whiteandbluereview.com/number-11-johnny-mathies/, part of our "What's in a Number?" series featuring (at that point) the best players to wear each uniform in CU hoops history: http://whiteandbluereview.com/whats-in-a-number/
creightonotter

Postby mel ott » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:34 pm

In your attempt to get people to participate in this year summary, ironically it seems that you hurt that cause simply because of all the valuable insight and information you provide through the course of the year. That means a lot of us really don't need the year overview.

However, like any business, you need some money to survive and do what you love. By contributing and participating in this effort, It's just a small financial commitment that a lot of us should make to as a way to say thanks for all you do for us throughout the year. Plus, it will be fun to review, too!

Let's help them reach their goal.
mel ott

Postby jayball » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 am

I doubled down. We aren't that far off. Go Jays!
jayball

Postby creightonotter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:14 pm

jayball wrote:I doubled down. We aren't that far off. Go Jays!

"You tha real MVP"
creightonotter

Postby Polyfro » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:49 pm

We hit our goal! Thank you so, so much for supporting WBR's efforts to bring you independent coverage of Creighton athletics. Year Nine of WBR is going to be the best yet, I promise.

Speaking of promises, I said on Twitter earlier this week that when we hit the goal, I'd release a mixtape of Rodney Buford highlights. So here it is...the Rodzilla Mixtape!

http://whiteandbluereview.com/bluejay-r ... d-mixtape/
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Polyfro wrote:We hit our goal! Thank you so, so much for supporting WBR's efforts to bring you independent coverage of Creighton athletics. Year Nine of WBR is going to be the best yet, I promise.

Speaking of promises, I said on Twitter earlier this week that when we hit the goal, I'd release a mixtape of Rodney Buford highlights. So here it is...the Rodzilla Mixtape!

http://whiteandbluereview.com/bluejay-r ... d-mixtape/

Umm....that was BEYOND awesome, a lot of great memories there, thanks for this!!
SonofFrankTomera

Postby creightonotter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:09 pm

I mean, I'm not gonna lie. That's THE BEST video Tom's ever done. Brought back Billy stomping shit, mixed with Hot Rod destroying rims in baggy ass shirts.

My fav: when he just turns it on against Louisville.

Oh, and if you haven't heard Matt D's story from episode 29 of the Bluejays Bytes podcast about Rodney the night he hit 2k points, check it. Toward the 45 minute mark here: http://whiteandbluereview.com/bluejays-bytes-podcast-episode-29-sponsored-by-lawlors-custom-sportswear/
creightonotter

Postby TrueBlueJay » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Sorry, you can't call Rodney Hot Rod....that was already taken by Hot Rod Mason.
TrueBlueJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops