(Exh) Pembroke vs. Creighton Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

(Exh) Pembroke vs. Creighton Game Thread

Postby section202jay » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:52 am

We host North Carolina-Pembroke Friday night at CenturyLink Center Omaha. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this one, but luckily, I got in my exhibition fix with the game against UNO last week. UNO is much better competition than UNCP so I don't know what to expect to hear coming out of this one on Friday that'll leave us with more answers on certain things such as point guard.

Will this one be on gocreighton.com's stream does anyone know?

CU 90
Pembroke 59
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Re: (Exh) Pembroke vs. Creighton Game Thread

Postby KenoshaJay » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:14 pm

Live video feed is listed on the schedule..... Let's hope!
KenoshaJay

Postby LynchMob » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:44 pm

section202jay wrote:We host North Carolina-Pembroke Friday night at CenturyLink Center Omaha. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this one, but luckily, I got in my exhibition fix with the game against UNO last week. UNO is much better competition than UNCP so I don't know what to expect to hear coming out of this one on Friday that'll leave us with more answers on certain things such as point guard.

Will this one be on gocreighton.com's stream does anyone know?

CU 90
Pembroke 59

Agreed with all your points but we might see a bigger blowout than that given that we beat UNO by 29 with the back bench seeing extended minutes. Unless the walk-ons play an entire half we might see something like 104-50.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby cu8493 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:53 pm

I hope nobody gets hurt. I'd like to see toby jack up about 10 threes. I know its early, but we need him to get going from the start this season. I'd look to see Epperson settle down a little, and some more work on banging the ball inside -- oh yeah, and some work on defense inside.
cu8493

Postby RVB » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Game Notes for UNC Pembroke at Creighton

http://www.gocreighton.com/news/2017/10 ... broke.aspx
RVB

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:35 pm

If JE can't be productive in this game (and what we got out of him in UNO) - perhaps a redshirt is the smarter option.

i know Mac said that we need him this year - but If we can manage with Toby, Martin, Manny, and Ronnie - vs RE and what will likely be a whole slew of DNPs and micro contributions - that'd be great.

His upside is Pattonesque if he can keep working with the S&C.
cujaysfan

Postby RxJay » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:45 pm

But maybe Toby isn’t as healthy as we think. At that point for sure Jacob will be needed.
RxJay

Postby slaw » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:37 pm

KenoshaJay wrote:Live video feed is listed on the schedule..... Let's hope!

Broadcast Information
Friday's exhibition against UNC Pembroke will not be televised, but it will be video webcast for free at http://www.gocreighton.com/watch.
slaw

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:52 pm

RxJay wrote:But maybe Toby isn’t as healthy as we think. At that point for sure Jacob will be needed.

Mac said in an interview this week that Toby still has problems with his ankle and likely will for the rest of the season. So you're probably right about Jacob is insurance. The other injury news was that they're hoping to get a little more out of Kaleb on Friday.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby cu8493 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:50 pm

That’s too bad about Toby, because Toby on a bad wheel might not be much help except in a real pinch, particularly if it affects his shot
cu8493

Next

Return to Men's Hoops