HOF Classic

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: HOF Classic

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Well, yes - Creighton's participation was a while back...the point being is they won the tourneys. Jays have a strong record with games in Kansas City, which along with being home games for Mitch, should stand as great motivation for the team. If recent history is our guide, and we continue our trend of fast starts, we should win the HOF this season. As for timespans...We haven't been back in Vegas for a few years either, but we have a great record there. It is great If the team is motivated, knowledgeable of our track record, and knows they are expected to win ( by the staff and fans).
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby jay4life » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Question on tickets: Its not clear on Stub hub if one ticket gets you into both Monday games?

It would make sense for one session/ two games per day-obviously not knowing what game your team will play in on Tuesday.

Thanks!
jay4life

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:41 pm

BUMP.

Bumped this thread to have a space for weekend discussions on the upcoming HOF Classic. Not to take away from individual game threads.

The Jays have won the predecessor (Guardians Classic) both times we were entered in it. We have a very good overall record in KC as well. This tourney promises to boost our profile just as the Paradise Jam did last year. I am optimistic (as always) that we will win the HOF and get ranked the following week. Thoughts anyone?

UCLA though talented, is struggling to learn how to play together, struggling to learn the system as many young players are being given the baptism of fire, and dealing with the extracurricular news issues. Like NWern, we are getting them early-at a good time, and should win this game. I was expecting to play ranked Baylor, but Wisconsin is playing well, even with the loss to Xavier, so it will be interesting to see who wins that tilt. I don't think it matters as both Baylor and Wisconsin have lost key players and are beatable. The Jays just have to play our game.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Will WBR cover the HOF induction ceremony?

Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby LynchMob » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:06 am

Ken Pom of the four teams as of right now. We are right next to UCLA and only 6 spots away from Wisconsin. Not sure who I want between them and Baylor. Maybe not surprising, but Creighton has the best offense and worst defense.

Big thing though is the tempos - Creighton and UCLA like to run while both Baylor and Wisconsin are near the absolute bottom of the country in pace. That's similar to when we've played them before, but it's still eye popping.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby fritzpointer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Loved seeing Silas at CU shoot around today, just wish Red could have seen his HOFer get his award. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops