HOF Classic

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

HOF Classic

Postby ictjay » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Saw tickets go back on sale again on the 5th. Any insight on CU sections, lodging . Couldn't find info on the AD site.
ictjay

Re: HOF Classic

Postby JaysLifer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:56 am

We went the cheap route. Bought the half-price end zone seats when those were available earlier this summer and booked a room at the Embassy Suites in the Plaza around the same time. It was $138/night, which is about as good as I thought I'd be able to find considering that it's a suite (good for lodging with our young kids) and comes with free breakfast/happy hour.
JaysLifer

Postby drbluejay » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:57 pm

JaysLifer wrote:We went the cheap route. Bought the half-price end zone seats when those were available earlier this summer and booked a room at the Embassy Suites in the Plaza around the same time. It was $138/night, which is about as good as I thought I'd be able to find considering that it's a suite (good for lodging with our young kids) and comes with free breakfast/happy hour.

I bought 2 all session tickets from a Creighton e-mail and don't have a clue where my seats are yet. I also booked my room from the site listed on the CU e-mail for $149 a night (3 nights) at the team's Hotel, the Downtown Marriott. Your $138 was a good deal as I think I contacted them earlier and the price seemed higher. Go Jays, see you in the Championship game after beating UCLA
drbluejay

Postby JaysWinJaysWin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Tickets are available online for the Induction ceremony Sunday night. Paul Silas, Tim Duncan, John Stockton etc. to be inducted.
JaysWinJaysWin

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:38 pm

It's probably too early, but has anyone seen the LV odds on the HOF Classic games? Jays have never lost a game in this tourney and will probably be the favorite as the other 3 teams have lost a lot to NBA Draft or graduation.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby Alphawalt » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:55 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:It's probably too early, but has anyone seen the LV odds on the HOF Classic games? Jays have never lost a game in this tourney and will probably be the favorite as the other 3 teams have lost a lot to NBA Draft or graduation.

I have not seen any odds yet, too early to set odds. My guess is we will be 5-7 point underdogs against UCLA in the first game.
Alphawalt

Postby drbluejay » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:42 am

gtmoBlue wrote:It's probably too early, but has anyone seen the LV odds on the HOF Classic games? Jays have never lost a game in this tourney and will probably be the favorite as the other 3 teams have lost a lot to NBA Draft or graduation.

Creighton lost 2 NBA caliber players in Watson and Patton along with 3 other seniors who started many games in Huff, Zierden and Hanson. The 6th player lost was Paras. Losing those 6 players I would think puts CU as possibly the weakest team in the field. After saying this, it wouldn't shock me if Creighton wins both games. I can't wait to see all 4 games in KC.
I'm thinking 5 point dogs vs UCLA
drbluejay

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Creighton has 3 starters returning (Marcus, Khyri, Toby), the top scorer, a Defensive POY, several guys who played off the bench last season, and 3 stalwart frosh. We won't be the weakest team in the field, that would be Wisconsin, followed by UCLA. Coach has built this team for 2-3 games in 2-3 days - Jays thrive in these situations. Our team most always starts strong in the early season, and we've won this tourney previously. Jays win.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby ZMagic30 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:48 pm

There is ZERO CHANCE that Creighton is favored in any of the games that they play in this event.
ZMagic30

Postby JayPak » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:59 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Our team most always starts strong in the early season, and we've won this tourney previously. Jays win.

I was there, but how long ago was that? '01 and '04?
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Next

Return to Men's Hoops