Martin Krampelj

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Martin Krampelj

Postby RVB » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:06 am

Jays forward Martin Krampelj putting in the work, making strides ... and seeing where it leads him

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-bas ... b00e9.html
RVB
 
Posts: 5459
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:40 am

 

Re: Martin Krampelj

Postby cu8493 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:01 am

I am of the firm belief that those who are resigned to a 5-8 place finish and that we will struggle on the inside are going to be pleasantly surprised by the work of Martin, Manny and Tobey, and with the Jays finish in conference. Barring injury, I believe we will be right in it for a 2nd place finish to the end. Maybe we get there and maybe we end up 3rd or 4th, but that's where I predict we will be. I am not going to go overboard and say 1st, because until someone knocks Nova down a rung, they are the big dog on the porch.
cu8493
 
Posts: 1366
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Martin Krampelj

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:41 am

cu8493 wrote:I am of the firm belief that those who are resigned to a 5-8 place finish and that we will struggle on the inside are going to be pleasantly surprised by the work of Martin, Manny and Tobey, and with the Jays finish in conference. Barring injury, I believe we will be right in it for a 2nd place finish to the end. Maybe we get there and maybe we end up 3rd or 4th, but that's where I predict we will be. I am not going to go overboard and say 1st, because until someone knocks Nova down a rung, they are the big dog on the porch.



You just get back from Poughkeepsie? I like your line of thinking.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
User avatar
gtmoBlue
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Canal Zone, Panama

Re: Martin Krampelj

Postby go_jays » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:05 pm

There's just a WHOLE BUNCH of question marks at key/most positions right now... including what we have coming off the bench. While I'd like to agree with you.... we'll have a MUCH better idea of what we really have after the HOF.

I like your enthusiasm, though. And I don't believe we are a 5 through 8 team either. There's just too much talent on this team. Unless we suffer some serious injuries, I think our bottom is more like 5. #2? That would take us firing on all cylinders... all the time, I think.
go_jays
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: Martin Krampelj

Postby BostonBlueJay » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:26 pm

go_jays wrote:There's just a WHOLE BUNCH of question marks at key/most positions right now... including what we have coming off the bench. While I'd like to agree with you.... we'll have a MUCH better idea of what we really have after the HOF.

I like your enthusiasm, though. And I don't believe we are a 5 through 8 team either. There's just too much talent on this team. Unless we suffer some serious injuries, I think our bottom is more like 5. #2? That would take us firing on all cylinders... all the time, I think.


If a PG emerges and separates himself from the pack there is NO reason we can't at least equal last season's top 3 finish THIS season and if Epperson fills out a bit and rounds into a even 75% of what JP gave us by his sophomore year, then, yes I do believe we can contend for the title. Until someone unseats 'Nova, they're still the class of the conference and Xavier looks very strong and returns a lot as well this season, which is why my "realistic" expectation is: 1.) Nova 2.) Xavier 3.) Jays
User avatar
BostonBlueJay
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Martin Krampelj

Postby RVB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Offseason work paid off for Creighton's Martin Krampelj against Northwestern

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/blog/off ... bcf68.html
RVB
 
Posts: 5459
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:40 am

Re: Martin Krampelj

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:50 am

Martin is second in the BE in offensive rebounds (10), behind Delgado (15).
User avatar
Wizard of Westroads
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:36 am

Re: Martin Krampelj

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:38 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Martin is second in the BE in offensive rebounds (10), behind Delgado (15).


I don't think people realize just how good of a rebounder Martin is. He's sloppy with his block outs, but he's very quick on his feet and quick into the air to go with enough natural strength to bring them down. He should get better over time even as a blocks out better and gets even stronger.

Interesting stats from his career:

rebounds/40 - 2015: 21.7 (very few minutes), 2016: 14.9, 2017: 14.4
by comparison - Delgado's career is at 14.1 and he's one of the better college rebounders I've seen lately.

Other thought is that he will be a very effective scorer as he gets more assertive and confident with the ball. 20 points/40 right now, and 18.8 for his career, to go with 2.3 blocks/40 career.

Biggest weakness right now is his post defense. It will hurt us having Hegner out in that category, but this may jump start Martin's defensive development by throwing him into the deep end a bit.
Chicagojayfan
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Martin Krampelj

Postby SDJay » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Martin is second in the BE in offensive rebounds (10), behind Delgado (15).

Wow. Not often Jays have someone getting attention for that. I'd take him staying within striking distance of Delgado's #'s all season!
" That rug really tied the room together, did it not?"
SDJay
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:41 am
Location: Near Lake Wobegon

Re: Martin Krampelj

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Liking this thread...the positivity is oozing from every post and pore. Keep it going.

PS: Where's the UCLA thread?
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
User avatar
gtmoBlue
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Canal Zone, Panama

Next

Return to Men's Hoops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests