Martin Krampelj

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Martin Krampelj

Postby Oldfan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:30 pm

fritzpointer wrote:Last year at this time we had 2 very good freshman centers. We then got a commitment from a 4* to add to them. One went to the NBA and the other 2 are hurt. Not sure how you plan for that?

There was a very strong likelihood when we recruited him that Jacob wasn’t going to contribute this year. The issue is we absolutely struck out last spring recruiting a big that could contribute. A DII transfer won’t cut it in the BE.
Oldfan

Postby Oldfan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:35 pm

We seem to be in good shape next year with Martin, Jacob and Froling, but that doesn’t do us any good this season.
Oldfan

Postby Altman's Advisor » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:07 am

Oldfan wrote:Just a reminder that Justin leaving was not a last minute surprise. By all accounts, he stopped going to class before the season was even over.

Show me another BE team that has one player on their entire team that can play above the rim. We had zero wiggle room with our frontcourt this year when we swung and missed bringing in a serviceable big last spring. When you play with fire, you get burned sometimes.

St. John’s has a whole roster of dudes who can play above the rim if that’s what your heart desires.
Altman's Advisor

Postby drbluejay » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Oldfan wrote:
fritzpointer wrote:Last year at this time we had 2 very good freshman centers. We then got a commitment from a 4* to add to them. One went to the NBA and the other 2 are hurt. Not sure how you plan for that?

There was a very strong likelihood when we recruited him that Jacob wasn’t going to contribute this year. The issue is we absolutely struck out last spring recruiting a big that could contribute. A DII transfer won’t cut it in the BE.

D2 and even NAIA does not = bad player. Look at Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pippen, NBA Champs.
drbluejay

Postby section221jay » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:15 pm

drbluejay wrote:
Oldfan wrote:

D2 and even NAIA does not = bad player. Look at Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pippen, NBA Champs.

FWIW Pippen was D1. Rodman was D2.

Regardless, this PARTICULAR D2 player was a real stretch and nowhere near Big East caliber. That said, if they can convince him to shelve the 3ball and stop being a black hoke on offense he CAN make some spot contributions.
section221jay

Postby HandDownManDown » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:51 pm

Pippen was NAIA.

I'm still saying let's see what the next few games bring before the season gets thrown under the bus.

Also, coaches should be judged on both hits and misses. If your expectations are to just re-load as casually as picking up a loaf of bread and a jug of milk, you are exptecting us to be a top-10 to 15 program, which we are not. We went for Waters at PG, lost, then won, then lost.
That's the way it goes sometimes.

On the one hand people are irritated because we landed no PG, then irritated because we landed a big we judge to be subpar. Would you rather have our last scholarship given to a PG Manny?
HandDownManDown

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Postby fritzpointer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Good plan to play him and wreck his knee!

Minor surgery which in all likelihood could have waited til offseason. But since the "plan" was to RS Jacob, they went ahead with the elective cleanup surgery.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby mredle » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:36 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
Postby fritzpointer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Good plan to play him and wreck his knee!

Minor surgery which in all likelihood could have waited til offseason. But since the "plan" was to RS Jacob, they went ahead with the elective cleanup surgery.

I'm sorry. I must have dozed off. Your point was what again?
mredle

Postby ictjay » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:57 pm

I think he is going to play.
ictjay

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 am

SonofFrankTomera wrote:
RxJay wrote:How many fans here truly believe that Jacob will be at CU 4 years from now. The chances he is not playing for money somewhere are slim. So burning his red shirt doesn’t hurt CU at all.

Since none of us have seen him play a college game yet, I'm not sure how you can say that.

I was told by someone in the program they don't expect him to stay four years.
JacobPadilla

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops