Marcus Foster

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby Ethanfor3 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:30 am

Anybody that contends we will plug and play next year after Marcus leaves by guys developing and stepping up is missing the point.

He is incredibly valuable to this team and will leave a huge hole in the lineup next year.

In the meantime, just enjoy the show, as it's flat out filthy.

Go Blue
Ethanfor3
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:45 pm

 

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby BoarCommaThe » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:42 am

Ethanfor3 wrote:Anybody that contends we will plug and play next year after Marcus leaves by guys developing and stepping up is missing the point.

He is incredibly valuable to this team and will leave a huge hole in the lineup next year.

In the meantime, just enjoy the show, as it's flat out filthy.

Go Blue


This x 100. We won't have a guy that just is a stone cold assassin out there that hunts for buckets. So happy for him. He deserves this with all the work he's put in.
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:56 am

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby RVB » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:11 pm

Marcus Foster one of 30 candidates for Citizen Naismith Trophy

http://gocreighton.com/news/2018/2/14/m ... rophy.aspx
RVB
 
Posts: 5748
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:40 am

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby 3ontheway » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:56 am

That is awesome. So happy for this young man, who obviously worked his ass off and matured so much as a person, you can tell on the court. He does not get distracted or frustrated anymore, complain, sulk or shrug shoulders anymore. Just plays so much more focused (especially on D) and aggressive now, and keeps a great attitude on top of being an assassin offensively.

I admit I have been one to question Mac and some of his decision making in his tenure at CU (some of it fair, some of it perhaps not fair, admittedly), but MF has made this transformation from the last 2 years to this year, and that has come under Coach Mac's watch (and assistants). And that deserves huge credit and should not be taken for granted.

Not that Marcus did not make this decision and put in the work on his own, but having a steady, level headed, supportive coach like Mac certainly helped this happen, and I think that is as important a characteristic of a Coach as anything else.
3ontheway
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:56 am

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:26 pm

3ontheway wrote:That is awesome. So happy for this young man, who obviously worked his ass off and matured so much as a person, you can tell on the court. He does not get distracted or frustrated anymore, complain, sulk or shrug shoulders anymore. Just plays so much more focused (especially on D) and aggressive now, and keeps a great attitude on top of being an assassin offensively.

I admit I have been one to question Mac and some of his decision making in his tenure at CU (some of it fair, some of it perhaps not fair, admittedly), but MF has made this transformation from the last 2 years to this year, and that has come under Coach Mac's watch (and assistants). And that deserves huge credit and should not be taken for granted.

Not that Marcus did not make this decision and put in the work on his own, but having a steady, level headed, supportive coach like Mac certainly helped this happen, and I think that is as important a characteristic of a Coach as anything else.


+1. I'm sure k-state fans would have taken the MF of the last two years back in a heartbeat
Jaysker12
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby jays911 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:13 am

One of 16 potential difference makers: [link]
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911
 
Posts: 2619
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:47 am

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby robry » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Kudos to Marcus for getting his degree. I m sure that wasn't the easiest task for him. He pulled up his big boy pants this last couple of years!
robry
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:09 pm

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby DC_JAY » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:51 pm

Curious. Where do folks see Foster playing in the coming years? Most of the draft boards don't give him much love. Will he go a Tolliver route or make a decent living in Europe? It's hard to imagine him not playing in the NBA.
DC_JAY
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby ZMagic30 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:30 pm

DC_JAY wrote:Curious. Where do folks see Foster playing in the coming years? Most of the draft boards don't give him much love. Will he go a Tolliver route or make a decent living in Europe? It's hard to imagine him not playing in the NBA.


G League for sure. Feel like a team would be crazy not to take him in the second round.
User avatar
ZMagic30
 
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: Marcus Foster

Postby JD4JAYS » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:25 pm

DC_JAY wrote:Curious. Where do folks see Foster playing in the coming years? Most of the draft boards don't give him much love. Will he go a Tolliver route or make a decent living in Europe? It's hard to imagine him not playing in the NBA.

Tough call....he’ll make the most money overseas but with the new baby he may want to stay closer to home. I would love to see him in the G league over in Des Moines or Sioux Falls. An easy drive for fans and I cover both areas for work and can hopefully catch a couple games.
JD4JAYS
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


cron