2017-18 Games worthy of note

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby Jet915 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:07 pm

LJay wrote:Butler is offensively challenged. Ugly to watch. They’re certainly looking like a Wednesday night team in the early going.


I agree, I'd put them as 8th in the Big East right now.
Image
Jet915
 
Posts: 4787
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:11 pm

 

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby Jaybird » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:40 pm

I mostly like Dakich, but listening to him do this Butler-Ohio St game is excruciating. It's like listening to someone recite the Butler media guide for two hours. He just finished treating us to the history of Bulldog coaches, after debating with himself for way too long about who belongs on Butler's Mt Rushmore of former players. And yet, his kid's playing for OSU (and we heard all about how he almost went to Butler).

Hell of a game suddenly, though. BU's come back from the dead to force OT.
Jaybird
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:38 am

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby Jet915 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:56 pm

What a comeback by Butler! Still think they are a Wednesday team but nice win.
Image
Jet915
 
Posts: 4787
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Jaybird wrote:I mostly like Dakich, but listening to him do this Butler-Ohio St game is excruciating. It's like listening to someone recite the Butler media guide for two hours. He just finished treating us to the history of Bulldog coaches, after debating with himself for way too long about who belongs on Butler's Mt Rushmore of former players. And yet, his kid's playing for OSU (and we heard all about how he almost went to Butler).

Hell of a game suddenly, though. BU's come back from the dead to force OT.

Image
Dakich is horrrrrrible. The absolute worst.
User avatar
Wizard of Westroads
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:36 am

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby mel ott » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
Jaybird wrote:I mostly like Dakich, but listening to him do this Butler-Ohio St game is excruciating. It's like listening to someone recite the Butler media guide for two hours. He just finished treating us to the history of Bulldog coaches, after debating with himself for way too long about who belongs on Butler's Mt Rushmore of former players. And yet, his kid's playing for OSU (and we heard all about how he almost went to Butler).

Hell of a game suddenly, though. BU's come back from the dead to force OT.

Image
Dakich is horrrrrrible. The absolute worst.


+1
User avatar
mel ott
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 am

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby Bluejoe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:38 am

Listening to Dakich call his son's games is painful. You can tell he is too close to the team, yet overcompensates for it at time by being hyper critical.
User avatar
Bluejoe
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:22 am

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:12 am

Just looked at Zags schedule - they play Incarnate Word tomorrow

here's hoping for a game that's a lot more competitive than it oughta be so that starters play late

but - not a W (Zags aren't huskers) - to poke the hornets nest
User avatar
cujaysfan
 
Posts: 4935
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:34 am

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby taa71458 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:34 pm

cujaysfan wrote:Just looked at Zags schedule - they play Incarnate Word tomorrow

here's hoping for a game that's a lot more competitive than it oughta be so that starters play late

but - not a W (Zags aren't huskers) - to poke the hornets nest

All teams can't be Nebraska.
User avatar
taa71458
 
Posts: 4475
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:36 am
Location: The Trademark Office

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby kenoman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:00 pm

I think the game Wednesday benefits Gonzaga- We never play that well out of the tournaments. At least the first half
kenoman
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby SDJay » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 pm

Xavier gets the better of Baylor @ Cintas 76-63
" That rug really tied the room together, did it not?"
SDJay
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:41 am
Location: Near Lake Wobegon

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eye of the Jay, westojay and 5 guests