2017-18 Games worthy of note

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Damn, Northwestern loses to Georgia Tech at the buzzer......
Image
Jet915
 
Posts: 4787
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:11 pm

 

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby Helmzy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:57 pm

NW loses to GT on layup as time expires.
Helmzy
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:21 pm

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Good thing we got our W while they were still ranked...movin' on.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
User avatar
gtmoBlue
 
Posts: 2376
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Canal Zone, Panama

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby LJay » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Drake at UNO ON CH 1013 now. UNO’s first home game of the year and there aren’t 1,000 people there.

D+
75 - 65
User avatar
LJay
 
Posts: 3376
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:49 am

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:56 pm

LJay wrote:Drake at UNO ON CH 1013 now. UNO’s first home game of the year and there aren’t 1,000 people there.

D+

Mavs win.
D-
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Wizard of Westroads
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:36 am

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby cujaysfan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

isn't that UNO's first win?
User avatar
cujaysfan
 
Posts: 4935
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:34 am

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby Eye of the Jay » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:29 pm

Huskers come up with the W against BC for one of the few Big Ten wins in this B10/ACC challenge. Glad Nebbybisnt a complete dumpster fire this year after his last season ended. Still not gonna lose any sleep over that game though.

Gonzaga on the other hand....
User avatar
Eye of the Jay
 
Posts: 1320
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:50 am

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby section202jay » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:07 am

I was at the UNO game last night. They have made the decision to not sell upper bowl tickets anymore and curtain the entire thing off. It looks terrible. Baxter Arena is a nice place, but sadly even its too cavernous for Maverick basketball. Would be better with Sapp Fieldhouse for atmosphere. Perhaps one day they'll start drawing 4-5,000 fans per game and it'll actually be decent in terms of a home court advantage.

I'm not sure on the exact number of people there last night but the side behind the Maverick bench was pretty full. Probably 1,500 total. There were as many Drake fans as they usually take down to Arch Madness though (around 20).

The game itself was pretty entertaining. UNO has some good young players in Akinwole and Pile. They'll be much better next season.
Twitter @PRspcDerek
User avatar
section202jay
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:13 pm
Location: Bellevue, Neb.

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:07 pm

section202jay wrote:I was at the UNO game last night. They have made the decision to not sell upper bowl tickets anymore and curtain the entire thing off. It looks terrible. Baxter Arena is a nice place, but sadly even its too cavernous for Maverick basketball. Would be better with Sapp Fieldhouse for atmosphere. Perhaps one day they'll start drawing 4-5,000 fans per game and it'll actually be decent in terms of a home court advantage.

I'm not sure on the exact number of people there last night but the side behind the Maverick bench was pretty full. Probably 1,500 total. There were as many Drake fans as they usually take down to Arch Madness though (around 20).

The game itself was pretty entertaining. UNO has some good young players in Akinwole and Pile. They'll be much better next season.


As much as I detest UNO fans bashing Creighton for seemingly no reason, it pains me to see how terrible their crowds are. Tickets are pretty inexpensive and UNO has a ton of alums in the city. Not sure why they don't turn out for games.
User avatar
ZMagic30
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: 2017-18 Games worthy of note

Postby section221jay » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:24 pm

ZMagic30 wrote:
ZMagic30 wrote:As much as I detest UNO fans bashing Creighton for seemingly no reason, it pains me to see how terrible their crowds are. Tickets are pretty inexpensive and UNO has a ton of alums in the city. Not sure why they don't turn out for games.


I had a Husker fan that regularly told me that UNO moving to D1 would be the end of CU basketball's reign as "Omaha's team". Good times.
section221jay
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests