All Time Villains

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

All Time Villains

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:52 pm

I was flipping channels the other night ans came across a replay of the Christian Laettner 30 for 30. It is one of the better episodes in the series IMO**, perhaps because I was in college at the time. Laettner is one of the all time villains in college basketball, because he is suck a d!ck yet a truly great player. Kentucky, Duke, Michigan and several other schools still have him as their public enemy number one.

That got me thinking. Since we have some time before the next game, it might be fun to put together a list of the players that are all time villains to Creighton fans because of their play against us, their persona or, ideally, a combination of the two. A couple of names immediately came to my head:

Jamar Howard (WSU)
Kyle Weems (MSU)

These two guys were world class a-holes. To make it worse, Weems always seemed to play his best games against us.

A couple of other guys, perhaps one tier down:

Osiris Eldrige (IlSU) - cocky SOB that also always seemed to play the best against us, partly because he got so far into P'Allen's head
JP Macura - (XU) its hard to find a BE villain, but if there has been one, its definitely Macura.
Various SIU guys from their glory years: Derrick, Brooks, Randall Falker, Jamal Tatum, Bryan Mullins (not a dick, but always killed us) et al. Not many SIU guys stand out individually to me, but as a team they were Darth Vader's empire and I hated them all.

Coaches: Gregg Marshall & Bruce Weber (Weber was arguably the most hated person by Creighton fans in the Korver era); Chris Lowery

Surprisingly, I couldn't think of any Huskers. The closest was that white, surfer bruh from a few years back that was nothing more than a thug...names escapes me right now.

Who would you add to the list? Let's have some fun with this!

**Best line from that 30 for 30 was by some No Carolina fan, "I always felt that Duke was getting away with something." When thinking of SIU during the height of the rivalry, I couldn't think of a better statement to describe my feelings. Whether it was the tackle defense they employed but seemingly never got called for or the crap shots that would always go in against us, I always felt they were getting away with something.
Last edited by AttyAlum on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Re: All Time Villians

Postby GI Jay » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:01 pm

AttyAlum wrote:
Surprisingly, I couldn't think of any Huskers. The closest was that white, surfer bruh from a few years back that was nothing more than a thug...names escapes me right now.

Mike Peltz is who you are thinking of. Pretty sure that's the dude.

Other guys I could think of is Cleanthony Early, Fred Van Vleet, and Ron Baker. Garrett Stutz could be added cuz he talked a lot of crap but wasn't good.

I liked the Evansville guys too much like Colt Ryan to say they were bad guys. Same with most of the other Valley opponents in the 2000s. Didn't have a problem with most of them.
GI Jay

Postby FereJay » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:11 pm

FereJay

Postby ictjay » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:25 pm

GI Jay wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:

Other guys I could think of is Cleanthony Early, Fred Van Vleet, and Ron Baker. Garrett Stutz could be added cuz he talked a lot of crap but wasn't good.

I liked the Evansville guys too much like Colt Ryan to say they were bad guys. Same with most of the other Valley opponents in the 2000s. Didn't have a problem with most of them.

Garrett Stutz talking trash? Baker, VanVleet, Early. Those 3 very quiet. The coach on the other hand..........
ictjay

Postby JayPak » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:28 pm

My starting five would be Howard, Weems, Macura, Peltz, Petteway. Coach is Gregg. Fanbase is North Carolina.

To make this team, one should have to be a trash talker, thug, flopper, crybaby, or sneaky inciter.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby xsshooter » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:31 pm

I'm sure some other schools would say GG, but being one of our guys, he was just a hard working blue collar player, and was damn glad he played for us.
xsshooter

Postby JayPak » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:32 pm

Gibbs would fit perfectly on this list as a sneaky inciter, but he can’t be a villian cause he’s ours.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Jays26 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:32 pm

ictjay wrote:
GI Jay wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:

Garrett Stutz talking trash? Baker, VanVleet, Early. Those 3 very quiet. The coach on the other hand..........

I also never thought of those guys as villians or thugs.

And yes, coach and many of their fans continue to be world class A-holes.
Jays26

Postby ictjay » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:35 pm

JayPak wrote:My starting five would be Howard, Weems, Macura, Peltz, Petteway. Coach is Gregg. Fanbase is North Carolina.

To make this team, one should have to be a trash talker, thug, flopper, crybaby, or sneaky inciter.

+1
ictjay

Postby Helmzy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:01 pm

Ragland, Armstead, Carl Hall
Helmzy

Next

Return to Men's Hoops