Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

UCLA game thread

Postby CU Final Four » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Steve Alford.

China problems. Thieves. Allegedly.

We win by 20.

John Wooden weeps.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Re: UCLA game thread

Postby Helmzy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Welsh will be important in stopping. Khyri has Holliday. Both teams score in the 100s. Jays 111-105
Helmzy

Postby flite » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:23 pm

I watched UCLA at home play South Carolina State. Although UCLA dominated 96-68, they still looked vulnerable to me for a ranked team and against our style of play. Early on it was a game. Watch out for their freshman guard Jalen Hands who had 22 points and numerous fast break steals. Their 7 foot center Welsh was tough too.

Should be a fast paced, high scoring game. Our bench strength and conditioning will be a plus. It will be interesting if UCLA again uses a 1-2-2 zone and how we attack that.
flite

Postby RVB » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:25 am

Game Notes for Creighton vs. UCLA at Hall of Fame Classic, Kansas City, Missouri

http://www.gocreighton.com/news/2017/11 ... onday.aspx
RVB

Postby Durango Jay » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:53 am

flite wrote:It will be interesting if UCLA again uses a 1-2-2 zone and how we attack that.

Let me see if I can describe our offense: Drive, kick, pass, and drive again. Everyone has a green light all the time. If your man is beaten, you must shoot. Guards and forwards must be able o bring the all up the court. Oh, and run like mad. I think this is the offense, no matter the defense.

I wonder how we will respond to an opposing floor general trying to set a slower pace.
Durango Jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Durango Jay wrote:
flite wrote:It will be interesting if UCLA again uses a 1-2-2 zone and how we attack that.

Let me see if I can describe our offense: Drive, kick, pass, and drive again. Everyone has a green light all the time. If your man is beaten, you must shoot. Guards and forwards must be able o bring the all up the court. Oh, and run like mad. I think this is the offense, no matter the defense.

I wonder how we will respond to an opposing floor general trying to set a slower pace.

I don't imagine we have to worry about a slow pace this game, but with either Baylor/Wisconsin that is a real concern.

Hopefully Khyri slows down Jaylen Hands... 5-star frosh Hands and Kris Wilkes play a lot.
"@OmahaEliteAAU: I refuse to lower my expectations for those who will not elevate their own." +1

I am an optimist. @gtmoBlue
Omaha Tech - Troy Lives.
gtmoBlue

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Durango Jay wrote:

I am amazed more teams don’t zone us. Year after year, we somehow look like we have never seen a zone defense before and are completely flummoxed by it.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby ictjay » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:33 pm

Yale played a lot of zone. Tough to play zone against a fast breaking team.
ictjay

Postby cujaysfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:05 pm

suggested pregame headline

'Balless Bruins take on blue'
cujaysfan

Postby SendDustyIn » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Pregame Warmup Song:

EDIT - ZZ Top - Cheap Sunglasses. Why don't the youtube embed buttons work for me?
SendDustyIn

Next

Return to Men's Hoops