Mac’s pre-game Baylor talk

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Mac’s pre-game Baylor talk

Postby CU Final Four » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 am

(Video ends)

Men:

I wanted to show you the video of my talk to the team the last time we played Baylor as only Toby and Tyler were there.

We got beat by 30 and it wasn’t even that close. In all my years in basketball I can honestly say that was my worst day. Why was that?

Baylor plays zone and, frankly, I should have had the team better prepared for it. Today I think we are better prepared and have a better plan to beat the Baylor zone.

That team was also special. It had the ability to really do some damage in March and it didn’t fulfill its potential. And, yes, my son was on team. I felt terrible for him - as a father - that his last college game was a terrible defeat.

This season is young. We have played well. I think this team has the ability to do something special in March. I don’t want to see Baylor get us off track. Let’s keep our momentum going.

We need to show other teams we can defeat a zone or we are going to see more of it all season. Here’s our chance to send a message.

Finally, I have never asked this of a team in all my years of coaching. Win this game for me.

And if we win, I dunk at our next practice. And it will be my last practice dunk. I’m getting too old for that.

Now let’s go. Let it fly!
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Re: Mac’s pre-game Baylor talk

Postby bluejaydano » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:48 am

Seriously, another one of these. I’m worried that this is the stuff actually going through your head and this is how you choose to interact with the world. Start a blog or journal. This is not amusing or entertaining.
bluejaydano

Postby SendDustyIn » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:52 am

SendDustyIn

Postby CU Final Four » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:01 am

Agree with Dusty. If you don’t like what I write, don’t read it. No one is forcing you.

Tip regarding the internet. Much of what is on it is opinion. People have different opinions. Free country. We are not China.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Return to Men's Hoops