Jays back in the top Polls.

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Jays back in the top Polls.

Postby Realhoops » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:03 pm

drbluejay wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Several losses this weekend:
It's possible that the Jays and ASU rejoin the rankings... the AP may just leave UK and Miami in despite their losses.
More probable in the Coaches Poll, but still possible in both.

God love you, Gtmo, only you could expect to get back in the rankings after that loss.

Add me to the list that it is possible after 9 rated teams lost yesterday.

Go check Rob Anderson’s Twitter. Something like 20 if the top 25 lost - as well as pretty much everyone getting votes ahead of us. Many lost multiple games. It’s not out of the real of possiblility.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Helmzy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:34 am

Rothstein has Nebraska over Creighton in his poll today.
Helmzy

Postby Old MVC Days » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:04 am

Helmzy wrote:Rothstein has Nebraska over Creighton in his poll today.

What an absolute joke. Every single metric has us over Nebraska.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:12 am

i think Rothstein is one of the laziest sports writers out there (local omaha guys notwithstanding)

lots of opinions - but never much behind them
cujaysfan

Postby BoarCommaThe » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:45 am

All Rothstein has is his stupid catch phrases he uses over and over and over...
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby section202jay » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:57 am

Andy Katz has Nebraska one spot behind us. :roll:
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby CURx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:21 pm

So what. They have won quite a few games here recently and you can't fault the players for playing the schedule they have. They have 1...maybe 2 more games that could be tricky and will likely get 1 more shot a decent team in the 7th or 8th round of the B10 tournament (I'm not sure how they work junk mid-major weekend tournaments anymore). If they win them all, rank 'em and give them an 8 seed. If lose 1 and go 1 and done in tournament I think they may be quite disappointed the following weekend. It appears that the first 16 show that came out this weekend really emphasizes quality wins which I am afraid Michigan at home simply is not.
CURx

Postby Dundee Hipster » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm

CURx wrote:So what. They have won quite a few games here recently and you can't fault the players for playing the schedule they have. They have 1...maybe 2 more games that could be tricky and will likely get 1 more shot a decent team in the 7th or 8th round of the B10 tournament (I'm not sure how they work junk mid-major weekend tournaments anymore). If they win them all, rank 'em and give them an 8 seed. If lose 1 and go 1 and done in tournament I think they may be quite disappointed the following weekend. It appears that the first 16 show that came out this weekend really emphasizes quality wins which I am afraid Michigan at home simply is not.

Dundee Hipster

Postby CURx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Dundee Hipster wrote:
CURx wrote:So what. They have won quite a few games here recently and you can't fault the players for playing the schedule they have. They have 1...maybe 2 more games that could be tricky and will likely get 1 more shot a decent team in the 7th or 8th round of the B10 tournament (I'm not sure how they work junk mid-major weekend tournaments anymore). If they win them all, rank 'em and give them an 8 seed. If lose 1 and go 1 and done in tournament I think they may be quite disappointed the following weekend. It appears that the first 16 show that came out this weekend really emphasizes quality wins which I am afraid Michigan at home simply is not.

I'm confused with your reply.
CURx

Postby Realhoops » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Several losses this weekend:
It's possible that the Jays and ASU rejoin the rankings... the AP may just leave UK and Miami in despite their losses.
More probable in the Coaches Poll, but still possible in both.

Wizard of Westroads wrote:God love you, Gtmo, only you could expect to get back in the rankings after that loss.

drbluejay wrote:Add me to the list that it is possible after 9 rated teams lost yesterday.

Wizard of Westroads wrote:More power to you too, if you think a one-point win over DePaul catapults us into the ratings. Not saying it's impossible, but I have to admit it's hard to find optimism on the ratings after yesterday's loss.

Realhoops wrote:
Go check Rob Anderson’s Twitter. Something like 20 of the top 25 lost - as well as pretty much everyone getting votes ahead of us. Many lost multiple games. It’s not out of the real of possiblility.

Looks like we are back in the top 25 in the Coaches Poll this week. A pretty sizable gap between #24 Nevada and us and then a smaller gap between us and #26 Florida. Nebraska is about 8 spots out of the top 25 there, right behind Butler.

In the AP poll, we're significantly out of the top 25, sitting at #28, just ahead of Butler. Nebraska is way down in the distance there, too. Rothstein and Katz are in the minority.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
Last edited by Realhoops on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops